Solved

Personal Security Report

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I am using Webroot Security Anywhere Internet Security Plus. I am getting a Personal Security Report pop-up every time I log into Windows 10.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 23 July 2019, 16:35

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
It is a long time since I had one, in fact I would not mind if I did get one right now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hi @rronaldson

Here is support for the UK.

United Kingdom

Technical Support
SUBMIT A TICKET
Toll Free: 1 800 804 7013
Local: +44 (0) 20 3349 2396
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I think that I may have found a way around the problem. In Advanced Settings/Install Settings I have unticked "Show a status notification on bootup". I've tried several logons and not had the pop-up recur yet -- but you never know.

@LLiddell I did click the pop-up but it never seemed to register as being seen. I'd be happy to contact your support team but I'm in the UK so phoning you is not an option. I'd be happy to do it by your messaging option but that wouldn't be until Thursday as I'm offline until then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Here is the clean reinstall information just in case.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue and if not please Submit a Support Ticket so they can look into it for you.

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Ok so @rronaldson, ideally I'd ask you to contact our support team so we can gather more info about this and work to resolve the issue. If you're willing to do so, give us a call at 1-866-612-4227, or by clicking here.

Otherwise, as @TripleHelix touched on, you can uninstall/reinstall, and this should alleviate the issue. Furthermore, you can try clicking on the "pop up" so that it registers as being seen. If that still doesn't work then support would be the best resource.

The issue with uninstalling is that it clears the logs and then we can no longer find the issue's root cause, so ultimately, it's your call. Contacting support is the preference though. Also, sorry for the inconvenience, I know pop ups are frustrating to deal with.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Not sure but if it is we will hear about it. Maybe @rronaldson may need to do a clean reinstall which solved my issue about updating to the latest password manager? Do you want to talk to product or support about this before we suggest a clean reinstall?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Yeah I'm wondering if it's a one off or if it's impacting a greater number of people like the ones did in the past.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Not here as I usually get my report via email to click on a link to see it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Passed this along, however this is the first I've heard of the Personal Security Report repeating. Is anyone else having this issue?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks @TripleHelix . It's always good to know that others are having the same problem 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @rronaldson

Yes it's a continuing issue but Webroot has been told over the past 5 years so please post in this thread to add your voice and please click on the Vote button at the top: https://community.webroot.com/got-an-idea-29/more-control-of-personalised-security-report-and-other-ipm-90140

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Ssherjj. This has only just started to happen and I'm not aware that I've changed my Webroot settings. It's not a big problem just annoying. Usually following the link from the pop-up shows me the report and then I don't get another invitation for a month or more (not sure how regular they were).

You're welcome!
Yes, having this Security Report popping up is annoying I agree. I'm just thinking maybe an uninstall/ reinstall of Webroot would help? Let me ping @TripleHelix to see what he thinks.

Other then that our Administrator is usually available around 10:00 MST. She might be able to ask about why this us happening off and on.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks @Ssherjj . This has only just started to happen and I'm not aware that I've changed my Webroot settings. It's not a big problem just annoying. Usually following the link from the pop-up shows me the report and then I don't get another invitation for a month or more (not sure how regular they were).
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @rronaldson

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry you are having this issue. I personally have not seen this Security Report in a long long time...Maybe our Community Administrator can give you some info on that Personal Security Report, @LLiddell can you advise?