Solved

PlayStation 4 and Xbox 720 could cost just $350, expected to launch this fall

• 16 January 2013
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
http://news.yahoo.com/playstation-4-xbox-720-could-cost-just-350-213041318.html

Found this on yahoo.Most of us gamers knew they were coming,but at this price point,they will both be affordable for most gamers.Question is,i guess,which one will you choose?
icon

Best answer by cohbraz 17 January 2013, 22:59

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
I doubt I will get either one. I have a slim version PS3 and rarely use it.

I am perfectly happy with my iRacing simulator on the PC!
Userlevel 7
Thanks for sharing superssjdan! Can't wait to see what the next gen consoles look and perform like. I've been an Xbox guy for a while as I'm a pretty casual gamer who mostly likes shooters, sports, and fighting games so online play is key. That said, we'll just have to wait and see which one is more appealing this time around. Which one are you looking forward to more?
Userlevel 7
I've always been a Playstation fan, but Xbox has this going for it now, which is pretty impressive.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
They both are basically using pc type chipsets and components,so both will probably perform similarly.You can't go wrong with either,but i would probably lean towards Sony.I think the Orbis picture i saw a while back was pretty cool looking,if that is what the console winds up looking like.IN the end,it's all about the game developers,and how well they take advantage of the platform.It usually takes devs awhile to tap into potential,but being these machines are very pc like in their construction,etc,i am hopeful the truly great games will come sooner than later.
Userlevel 7
Speaking of Sony and their potentially newly-named 'Circle-of-life' console, here's an article from this morning about Sony's VP, Hiroshi Sakamoto, hinting at the PS4 being announced this spring at E3. We'll just have to wait and see what Sony has planned. In the meantime, this older {albeit very impressive) article/Samaritan game trailer back from last April should serve as a great reason to be excited about the next-gen consoles.

Enjoy!
Userlevel 7
I will test both. Honestly, there should just be an upgradable graphics feature on these consoles. I'm a PC gamer and if Halo was on the PC, I probably wouldn't touch my Xbox unless it was to watch Netflix and HBO Go.
Userlevel 7
I like the idea behind 'Circle of Life'. The 720 is going to need to address the free subscription competition from Sony.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I know this is a bit off topic but the only reason I wouldn't by a Play Station is because it's a Sony with the fiasco of them putting a Rootkit on some of their Music CD's and not telling anyone which really stirred the pot for many on the security forums I visited at the time and also the security breaches that shut it's online service down for months so since then I don't buy Sony products. Just my opinion!

TH
Userlevel 7
When was that 'fiasco' T.H? I don't think I ever heard about it! If it involves CD's, it must have been a while back, but I'm definitely intrigued. Thanks for sharing!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have a look here 5 years later: http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/110110-sonybmg-rootkit-fsecure-drm.html also just do a Google search: https://www.google.ca/search?q=sony+bmg+rootkit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

TH

Actually it's 7/8 years ago now!
Userlevel 7
I remember that scandal very well.  There's a wiki on it too.
Userlevel 7
Folks, what are you talking about? I am almost 40 and never played a game. Is PlayStation and Xbox good for making coffee or what? 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
I remember vividly that scandal.I also have noticed Sony's Vaio's PCs regularly have technical issues,quite a few developing after installing a security solution which is a bit of a red flag in my book.I am hugely distrustful of Sony in general,but i have owned some really great Sony products,still using my first genration Sony XBR HD set that weighs a ton.I am equally distrustful of Microsoft.I may just buy both consoles,putting 1 in the living room and the other in  the bedroom.I would love to see them focus on quality of games versus quantity.I am not the gamer i used to be,but i can always appreciate a new platform and great games.I miss the days of game tournaments and going to the cons etc.Was a blast.I still have an old intellivision game console away in storage as well as a Vectrex.I used to obsess over gaming.I used to be the one doing the owning,now i'm the one being owned.Oh well
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Folks, what are you talking about? I am almost 40 and never played a game. Is PlayStation and Xbox good for making coffee or what? :D
Well I'm 62 and I can't play these games. My reaction time is to slow. :D
Is there any games for "Old-Timers" ? lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Folks, what are you talking about? I am almost 40 and never played a game. Is PlayStation and Xbox good for making coffee or what? :D
Ping (Pong) on the old Atari :D

TH
Userlevel 7
My daughter warns me to buy a gaming console because due to my impatience for any game I would destroy it instantly so it would be wasting of money 😃
Userlevel 7
Ping Pong are you kidding me. I had trouble playing the old Pac Man game. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well I still have my Super Nintendo and Super Metroid was my favorite game! ;)

TH
Userlevel 7
Ahhh, the Super Nintendo. What a great console! Of course, I love the new advances in graphics and the depth of many new games in general, but that plastic cartridge-playing toy definitely has a special place in my heart! 50+ games including a variety of Mario's, Killer Instinct, Ninja Turtles, etc.

Oh and btw, a lot of those simplistic old-school games were way harder than anything you can find on the shelves today-I think you guys would be just fine w /today's offerings!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Same here I have about 20 to 25 games Starfox, Earthworm Jim, Megaman X, F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country and such LOL. And the funny thing was that they were only a few KB's in size. But still my Favorite watching the video again.

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Paperweight.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Yep. Marbles!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Ahhh, the Super Nintendo. What a great console! Of course, I love the new advances in graphics and the depth of many new games in general, but that plastic cartridge-playing toy definitely has a special place in my heart! 50+ games including a variety of Mario's, Killer Instinct, Ninja Turtles, etc.

Oh and btw, a lot of those simplistic old-school games were way harder than anything you can find on the shelves today-I think you guys would be just fine w /today's offerings!
Plus, with the older cartridges you did not have to wait as long for the game to load.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
When was that 'fiasco' T.H? I don't think I ever heard about it! If it involves CD's, it must have been a while back, but I'm definitely intrigued. Thanks for sharing!
Yegor, check out this link for a bunch of good info about the Sony Rootkit issue. It made big headlines!