Solved

Problem with my HP Deskjet 1050 printer

• 2 February 2014
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi,

Pleeeese could you help me out with this printer of mine!  It just wont print.  I've been using it for a few months with no probs but since I changed the cartridges, apart from five or six pages from the web, it dosen't print anything, dead as a doornail.  
All the print jobs are queing but one is trying to delete and is stuck, it won't cancel.  I've also noticed that next to it's name on the control panel, it has (Copy 1), is this OK?

I've tried diagnostics which had corrected it for that one time but has made no overall difference.

Can you help?  It's an HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series.
icon

Best answer by LoopyLinda 3 February 2014, 03:22

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Linda did you try the repair tool from HP?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03291586&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4027465

HTH,

Daniel ;)

EDIT: Added correct link!
Userlevel 7
Hi there again Linda

I have no knowledge of this particu;ar version of HP printer, but what I have found with mine, when it seems to do the same thing, is that it is best to switch off the printer and reboot the PC (assuming that you are happy/able to reprint the documents).

The other alternative is to go to 'Devices & Printers' panel (usually just under the 'Control Panel' link in the Start Menu, and once there to right click on the icon for the printer in question, and then click on 'Troubleshoot' (from the context menu that opens) and let Windows see if it can find the problem and fix it...some times it will but occassionally it fails.

See if that helps at all.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Yeah thanks Daniel, I tried that first, then the Windows diagnostics, then Dell, etc. They all worked, in as much as they cancelled all the documents waiting to be printed, but it's still the same.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you check to make sure the USB cable is properly seated both in the printer and the computer and power down the printer and power it up and try again if that doesn't work well that's the only thing I can think of.

Daniel
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Thanks for that Baldrick, yeah I did all that to start with but nothing seemed out of place or was set to what it shouldn't have been so tried using a few diagnostics, still wasn't printing. Went for a coffee, tried to print something and hey presto! Don't have a clue what was up. "When in doubt, have a coffee!" 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
At least it's working now! Have a coffee eh! :D

Daniel
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Mmm... did all that too Daniel,

logged off, shut down, unplugged, powered up logged in, dismantled printer cables, put everything together again, connected up, switched on, attempted a print... nothing! ....... it's a puzzlement!

Thanks for the suggestions though. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
LOL ... yeah, slurp, slurp! 😉 Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Hi Linda

Good to see that you are sorted...this is the way with printers...have a mind of their own sometimes...and I have two HP ones...easch with a different 'attitude'. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
🙂