Problems with music and display driver

• 26 July 2016
  • 1 reply

My computer has recently been having issues playing music.

The problem first started with the game Minecraft and would happen while playing music, though I only remember it happening when I had earphones connected. Anyway what would happen was my music would just stop and keep playing the last beat really loudly and just spaz out. My screen would freeze and I'd be surprised that my computer didn't go to blue screen.

Well I haven't played the game in a while now but this problem has still been happening. I'll be playing music out loud and it does the same startling loud glitchy noise. When it happens long enough, the screen will blink and a message will say at the bottom right corner, "The display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered". This happened enough times that the computer finally crashed, and when it did I left it off overnight. 

And when I came back on, it wasn't a problem anymore. Now the computer isn't loudly breathing anymore because it seems to power down now when no-one's using it. However, the problem is still here. I haven't seen the display driver message in a while but I'll be playing music and the loud glitchy noise will take over or come in to the song here and there.

It's really annoying and I want to be able to play my music. I've looked up this issue but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Hey,

I would strongly suggest you go to the manufacturer of your sytem (if it's a brand name like Dell, Lenovo etc..) or to the maker of your sound, video and motherboard.

Look for updated chipset, video and sound drivers for your components.

Also then ensure that Windows itself and the applications you use are all up to date.

Cheers
John