Quickbooks Pro 2020

• 13 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I upgraded to Quickbooks 2020 and am unable to open my file.  I am receiving the following message, which I do not understand how to correct the problem.

QuickBooks Pro and Premier

Grant the following files access through your firewall on ports 80, 8019, 56725-56728, and 55363 through 55382 (ports are for QuickBooks 2017 through 2018) for both incoming and outgoing traffic:

• AutoBackupExe.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
  • Dbmlsync.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
  • DBManagerExe.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
  • FileManagement.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
  • FileMovementExe.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
  • IntuitSyncManager.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Sync
  • QBCFMonitorService.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
  • QBDBMgrN.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
  • QBGDSPlugin.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
  • QBLaunch.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
  • QBServerUtilityMgr.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
  • QBW32.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
  • QBUpdate.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate
  • QuickBooksMessaging.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
  • OnlineBackup.exe located in C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Online Backup

Follow the instructions included in the QuickBooks file list above (where 20XX is your QuickBooks version, i.e. QuickBooks Premier 2018) in combination with the instructions on the firewall maker’s web site (some common firewalls are listed below) to configure your firewall to allow Internet access to the QuickBooks files.

Note: Intuit is unable to supply information for all of the several hundred firewall programs available today. The links in the following list lead to information for some of the more common firewalls. If your firewall is not listed here, refer to your software's documentation or the software publisher's web site.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey @SAMim ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community!

If it seems that your Quickbooks software is getting blocked by Webroot, there are a couple things you can try:

1. Add the original .exe location (in the actual installation folder) to the Webroot “whitelist” 
  2. right click  quickbooks and run “as administrator”
  3. If neither of these works, please contact our support team

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

Badge +1

Thank you for responding.  I am uncertain how to do step 1.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey there SAMim,

To accomplish step one, pull up you Webroot page and to the right of” PC security “click on the little gear a page will come up and you click on the white list scripts tab, then at the bottom right click on add “White list a file” your documents folder shout come up click on that file to add to white list (Quick Books 2020) ! Hope this helps, at least that's the way I did it! 

Have a great week end,

slittke75

Badge +1

Thank you slittle75.