Solved

Red Lines On Screen Using Firefox

• 22 June 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
I have been getting Red dotted lines on my computer screen using the latest version of Firefox. (Win XP. SP-3). This only happens using FF. IE-8 works fine. Fresh reinstall FF doesn't help. Tried to Google this, can't find any answers. The lines appear and disappear. Got a good screen shot on the Webroot Forum, but it happens on any website. Anyone know what's causing this?

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 8 July 2013, 07:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
On cursory inspection, it looks like a graphics card driver issue to me. I've had something similar happen on a really old computer a few years ago. Un/Re of the graphics card drivers took care of it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
On cursory inspection, it looks like a graphics card driver issue to me. I've had something similar happen on a really old computer a few years ago. Un/Re of the graphics card drivers took care of it.
It looks perfectly fine to me!

How many eyes do I have? LOL

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim, I'll try that and see what happens. 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
It looks perfectly fine to me!

How many eyes do I have? LOL

Daniel
I remember back when I had to drive home with one eye open so I could see single after having too many drinks. LOL
Userlevel 5
When I sobered up the red lines came back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks Jim, just done a Un/Re of the graphics card driver and red line are gone. 😃
Userlevel 7
It may be worth checking the GPU`s temps, that type of graphical issues can sometimes be due to the GPU getting a little hot.