Reveiving "This site can't be reached. The server's DNS address can't be Found" msg

• 24 September 2016
  • 5 replies

I'm getting frequent error messages: This site can't be reached. Server DNS address cant' be found.  (Very common sites like www.eventbrite.com or http://www.att.net 

It says "try checking the proxy, firewall and dns configuration"
Running windows network diagnostic
Retry

Sometimes the second try works, sometimes not..   I tried calling my DSL isp provider. They checked it out. The speed is fine 6.0 but did not have any solution.  I tried powering down the modem and computer and unplugging. but the problem persists. 

Any thoughts for non techie?  No hardware was added or removed in t he home. 

5 replies

posting this on another thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
How about calling your ISP and asking them, it could be there service's?

Daniel
I appreciate you taking the time to help me. I've given up.I do not hold you responsible for this intrusion. I do appreciate your help. Not many out there that will help. What should I do? Give up and  say okay to have internet reinstalled? Probabily another $50 to $100. I can"t afford that. Thats why I signed up with Webroot. Obviously, that didn't work. The computer is less than 30 days old. Really? Now, Webroot says "they can't help me?" Not your fault. Frustrated. Going to look for another avenue for help. I can't continue to pay for hackers when that's what I paid for. The hackers are smarter than Webroot.
Already have powered down. Left the computer of  for a few hours. Rebooted. I give up.
Hi ddingledine

Are you able to try a "System Restore"?

Click Start button, type "System Restore" without the quotes, hit enter. After System Restore dialog opens click next and choose a date that was before you had trouble. Click next and then Finish. Allow restore to complete. Computer will reboot itself.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

If you still have problems then please submit a support ticket. This is a free service with a valid subscription.

Thanks,
BD