Samsung or Dell

• 27 November 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Guys,

I'm going to buy a new notebook, probably just before Christmasmm, and I must admit I have some doubts about the final choice. I am considering the purchase either Samsung Ativ Book 8 (http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Samsung-ATIV-Book-8-Touch-880Z5E-X01-Notebook.102303.0.html) or Dell Inspiron 7537 (http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-Inspiron-15-7537-Notebook.104976.0.html). Both have a 15"6 Touch Full HD screen and 8 GB memory.
The main differences:
CPU - Dell has i7 Haswell, while Samsung has got i7 IvyBridge
Graphics - Dell with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB and Samsung with AMD Radeon HD 8870M 2GB.
Choosing Dell I have better opportunities to set up configuration and there is also SSD Hard Drive, which makes the performance increased.
Choosing Samsung seems to be right for better cooperation with my Samsung Galaxy mobiles (smrtpone and tablet).
Somehow I can not decide...
Any ideas or hints??

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Mike

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Yeah, not an easy task to decide which one ... :D

Both of them has their pros/cons, maybe Dell impressed me a bit more but considering you have Samsung devices already Book 8 might be viable option for you.

However regardless which one you choose, you won't be wrong.
Userlevel 7
Hi pegas,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts:D
Yes, so far it's quite difficult for me to decide.... Even the prices of both models are very close....

Mike

Userlevel 7
You're welcome Mike!

Tell yourself which hardware parameters of the both PCs are most important to you and pick this PC. If still uncertain take the first that caught your eyes. :D
Userlevel 7
I would go with Samsung, but then again I am a little biased. ;)
Userlevel 3
Samsung has amazing tech support so that if you are having issues they have an app that you click and instantly they will either walk you through how to fix it or if it is complex they will remote in and fis it for you, so thats is a big plus in my book.

But dell is also really nice, they have a rather good waranty, but i really don't like the comsumer grade of them, but that one sounds kinda high and mighty so it might not be a bad idea, but if your using it for gaming or anything graphic intense you should take a look at the Asus G series, i have the G750JH and it is incredible, overall i paid 1800 for a computer i would charge about 2200 for if i was to build one with the same specs, and not to mention the extra HDD bay's that it comes with are fully furnished, so you can actually plug n play HDD's (not hot-swappable) without having to buy extra hardware.

But with the choice of either the dell or samsung i go more towards samsung, but not by a big margin, i would be in a toss up aswell