Scan freezes up...

• 10 September 2014
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Hey, all!

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that when they run their WSA Virus Scan if it freezes up on you?  I get to 1% and it will freeze up and do nothing.  I can't close the window or do anything with Webroot and i have to restart my system.

It has only happened a couple of times but it is a recent glitch and i was wondering if anyone had noticed this happening.

It worries me because i fear that the program is compromised in some way and that's the last thing that I want or need!

Thanks for reading!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hey, all!

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that when they run their WSA Virus Scan if it freezes up on you?  I get to 1% and it will freeze up and do nothing.  I can't close the window or do anything with Webroot and i have to restart my system.

It has only happened a couple of times but it is a recent glitch and i was wondering if anyone had noticed this happening.

It worries me because i fear that the program is compromised in some way and that's the last thing that I want or need!

Thanks for reading!
Hello gr8auntteffie,

Would you be willing to do a clean reinstall of Webroot?

If so can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then we will look at alternative avenues to try and solve this for you.

Thanks,
Userlevel 6
Where would I find my keycode?
When you sign into your account you should see your email address in the right upper hand side click on it and a droplist should show your keycodes. I'm having issues right not with my scans. It stopped & I'm afraid its doing more damage the longer the issue isn't addressed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
When you sign into your account you should see your email address in the right upper hand side click on it and a droplist should show your keycodes. I'm having issues right not with my scans. It stopped & I'm afraid its doing more damage the longer the issue isn't addressed.
Hello FDSPS to the Community Forum!:D

Would you be able to explain to us what Webroot isn't doing? You say Webroot also stops scanning?

Sorry for your issues if you wanted to do a Clean reinstall I can send you information but you can also Submit a Support Ticket and they will gladly help you free of charge.

Please let us know if you need further assistance,

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Where would I find my keycode?
Hello gr8auntteffie,:D

Did you find your keycode alright? Heres some Information in User Guide

Also you would of recieved it via email if you purchased online.

Let us know if you need more assistance,

Have a Great Day!

Regards,
Userlevel 6
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back in here... life...  who knew?

Anyway, when the issue arose the first time it got to 6% and stopped completely. I couldn't close the WSA window or anything so I went and did the restart and everything seemed to be fine.

The next time it did it ( and I have admitted before that I will run scans at least 2x when I am on line for a short amount of time and it goes up the longer I am on line, just to be on the safe side ) I clicked on the scan button and it froze up at 1% and wouldn't allow me to close the window or anything, so I did the restart thing and it got back to normal.

The third time it did it, it got frozen at 6% like the first time and I went through the whole thing once more.

I had also posted a message about my noticing that my IE seems slower when starting up and I will often get a notice bar that said that I can change my add ons to speed up my time and when I click on the window to see what they are calling 'add ons' it is the Webroot that they calll an add on and it says that it slows my start up time by some nominal amount of time, which isn't a problem for me.

Better extremely safe than sorry, that's my motto!!

I just want to make sure that I haven't done something or some new update came in and caused a fritz in the works.

And, I have not uninstalled my program and reinstalled it yet.  Just the thought makes my palms sweat.  I guess I should do it now while I have my high speed time instead of wait until it's used up and slower, but it makes me nervous doing anything like that because I am so remedial in the tech stuff...

Anyway, thanks for the inquiry and the input!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back in here... life...  who knew?

Anyway, when the issue arose the first time it got to 6% and stopped completely. I couldn't close the WSA window or anything so I went and did the restart and everything seemed to be fine.

The next time it did it ( and I have admitted before that I will run scans at least 2x when I am on line for a short amount of time and it goes up the longer I am on line, just to be on the safe side ) I clicked on the scan button and it froze up at 1% and wouldn't allow me to close the window or anything, so I did the restart thing and it got back to normal.

The third time it did it, it got frozen at 6% like the first time and I went through the whole thing once more.

I had also posted a message about my noticing that my IE seems slower when starting up and I will often get a notice bar that said that I can change my add ons to speed up my time and when I click on the window to see what they are calling 'add ons' it is the Webroot that they calll an add on and it says that it slows my start up time by some nominal amount of time, which isn't a problem for me.

Better extremely safe than sorry, that's my motto!!

I just want to make sure that I haven't done something or some new update came in and caused a fritz in the works.

And, I have not uninstalled my program and reinstalled it yet.  Just the thought makes my palms sweat.  I guess I should do it now while I have my high speed time instead of wait until it's used up and slower, but it makes me nervous doing anything like that because I am so remedial in the tech stuff...

Anyway, thanks for the inquiry and the input!!
Hello gr8auntteffie,

Here's the steps again if you want to do a reinstall. It's very easy really,:D

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then we will look at alternative avenues to try and solve this for you.

Thanks,