Security

• 4 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
For a beginner,how does webroot provide protection for the device?

Like what does it do?

If a "hacker" decided to enter the parameter of my area ,how does the "predator"look at the device as?

Through the screen.

And also when I run the scan of my laptop,with warrior and 6 items are removed.

Then where are the items moved to?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Fiv-Digits

Welcome to the NEW Community Forums.

Not a difficult ask...so let's give it a god as simply as possible (noting that I could go one for hours in terms of the detail...but I won;t)

A. how does webroot provide protection for the device? Basically WRSA monitors the locations from
which malware can launch and should it see something that it cannot classify as 'Good' it does one
of two things; if what it detects something it know to be 'Bad' then it intercepts it, prevents it from
running and looks to quarantine it (more on that later). If it cannot determine if the something is
'Good' or 'Bad' it marks it as 'Unknown' and the lets it run but in a VERY restricted way, and also
records/logs any actions that it takes, so that if the something is later determined to be 'Bad' it can
roll back what it has done to the system.

B. If a "hacker" decided to enter the parameter of my area ,how does the "predator"look at the device
as? Through the screen. Not really sure what you are asking here...please provide some more
information on what you are looking understand, please.

C. And also when I run the scan of my laptop,.....6 items are removed. Then where are the items
moved to? The are move to Quarantine which you can access and decide whether the items should
be removed or if they should be restored (because, for instance, you believe that the detection is a
False Positive.

There is whole lot more to WRSA but hopefully the above responds to your questions...come back re. more information on B. One can run scans, it protects online identity & privacy, it hardens the built in Windows Firewall (if running on a PC) or complements 3rd party firewalls, etc.

Regards, Baldrick