Smart toilet hack attack!

• 5 August 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Free app lets anyone remotely harass toilet's occupant, run up water bill.

by Sean Gallagher Aug 4 2013, 5:30pm EST

Information security firm Trustwave has reported a potential cyber-attack vector to a device you may have never expected the phrase "security vulnerability" would be applied (other than in reference to the end of a toilet paper roll, that is). In an advisory issued August 1, Trustwave warned of a Bluetooth security vulnerability in Inax's Satis automatic toilet.
Full Article

Even thought this is a security issue I didn't want to post in the Security Industry News section it's kind of funny and I didn't want it scrolling along the top. :D

Daniel

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Holy smoke that's serious threat. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Everything is vulnerable these days even your Smart Toilet.

Daniel
Userlevel 2
Too many things are being computerized. Way too many things.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Even thought this is a security issue I didn't want to post in the Security Industry News section it's kind of funny and I didn't want it scrolling along the top. :D

Daniel
What is wrong my friend,  you don't want "crap" scrolling across the top?

OK.. Someone had to say it.  On a much more serious note though, it is a breachable technology.  While it is not a serious threat to your finances or to National Security, it is still something that needs to be kept in consideration.  Not all hacks and attacks are of that nature.

Ever heard of practical jokesters or bored teens?  Oh what fun they could have hacking these... it won't hurt your bank account or the government, but I certainly do not want to be on one of these when someone hacks into it.  UGH.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You got it!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
These types of "leaks" can be very dangerous 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
These types of "leaks" can be very dangerous :D
They sure can be!