SSD Test on my Laptop Alienware 17R2 with 5 SSD's and 16GB of 2133MHz RAM

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Nice results!

2 1/2 inch Samsung 850 Pro for the OS and in Rapid mode.

3 M.2 2280 SATA III Samsung EVO 250GB SSD's in RAID 0 for Data and Virtual Machines!

Samsung 512GB PM851 2280 M.2 SSD the one that came with the laptop in slot 5 and slot 5 only runs at SATA II speed which is only good for Storage and Back Ups even though the drive specs are SATA III.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi,

Now here is mine with a  Lenovo laptop, Big difference without a SSD

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sure is, once you go to SSD's you never want to go back and now you can see why, PERFORMANCE 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes SSD is the way to go for sure... Great performanace all the way around!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hard drives were always the Bottleneck of most systems today the RAM and Processors are way to advanced for HDD's and the need for SSD's so I don't know what the new Bottleneck will be or is?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Ram and Processors are more advanced as you say but I wouldn't have a clue about this bottleneck?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
HDD's can't keep up to SSD's as you can see in your test now if you had a SSD you would NOTICE a BIG Difference in performance even on that laptop!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well it's exciting to want to get a  SSD even for this 2008 laptop. But I do know my next laptop will have a SSD in it or I;ll add to it like you have. LOLs Your setup is awfully awesome!! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's the best way then you can install the one or two you want!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes I agree totally since I have learned all this from you! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That is some awesome speed!  I love SSDs 🙂