Support is not providing support! Ticket filed, no response

I filed a ticket (WEBROOT SECUREANYWHERE NOT RUNNING, won’t Run, Fails) and have heard NOTHING back.  Where is support? What have I purchased here if I can not get support to KEEP Webroot running??

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey there @TKayPtld ,

When did you send in a ticket? Our standard response time is 24-48 hours after ticket submission. If you need to get in touch with them sooner you can call them on the phone (M-F 9am-5pm mountain time) at this number: 1-866-612-4227

Thanks @khumphrey  - I submitted first request Jun 13th (7 days ago) then again the 17th...  So THANK YOU for the phone number!!  I will call.  This lack of response is horrible!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@TKayPtld ,

Please note that sending another ticket or replying to your ticket BEFORE they respond moves you to the back of the queue. 

That re-ordering is retributional!  Okay.. thank you so much for the info.  I still haven’t heard back (5+ days since last ticket update), so the 24-48hrs isn’t applicable for some reason.

I am going to call now.  Thanks again for the number.

Userlevel 1

Hey there @TKayPtld ,

When did you send in a ticket? Our standard response time is 24-48 hours after ticket submission. If you need to get in touch with them sooner you can call them on the phone (M-F 9am-5pm mountain time) at this number: 1-866-612-4227

No you cannot!!!! You get in a loop. It says to push 4 then you get something that says that is the wrong department and then you go back to square one. You can select any option and NOTHING gets you to a live operator. You guys are NOT supportive at all. Very frustrating.

Userlevel 1

@TKayPtld ,

Please note that sending another ticket or replying to your ticket BEFORE they respond moves you to the back of the queue. 

And that makes no sense when Webroot is causing my system to crash and renders it unusable. I cannot exit out of the app. I restart and restart & it just pops up. No way to disable it. So having the ability to actually get someone is URGENT. Putting us back of the cue doesn’t HELP! This is horrible service.

Userlevel 1

That re-ordering is retributional!  Okay.. thank you so much for the info.  I still haven’t heard back (5+ days since last ticket update), so the 24-48hrs isn’t applicable for some reason.

The number just puts you in a never ending loop just like the forum. It doesn’t help. You can write support you can call, but they don’t respond. It is not helpful at all. My computer is useless and no one to help. Such a bad experience since they decided to play around with whatever they are doing lately. Not good service at all.

Userlevel 1

There is NOTHING I can do about this and I’m really not happy with them. They sell you something then offer zero support and it stops you from doing work. This is not right. I think they should be ashamed of themselves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @TKayPtld  and @LList 

Lets try a clean reinstall of WSA.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Hello @TKayPtld  and @LList 

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Thanks,

Thanks, I called in and after several twirls around the auto answer (push this to get there - which all landed in the same spot saying it was not the correct location - you guys have to listen to that to see what I mean), Mark G. went through the whole thing to fix it for me. He was very helpful. I am saddened that this problem continued (and crashed my PC and lost several documents I was working on) after I mentioned it months ago. I am confident that Mark G. successfully fixed it this time, but this should have never happened and I feel you guys have really lost a lot of credibility with a lot of honest paying long time customers. I am happy with Mark G.’s performance, but quite honestly, your tech support shouldn’t be burdened with fixing something that should have never happened in the first place. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @TKayPtld  and @LList 

• Reboot once again

Thanks,

Thanks, I called in and after several twirls around the auto answer (push this to get there - which all landed in the same spot saying it was not the correct location - you guys have to listen to that to see what I mean), Mark G. went through the whole thing to fix it for me. He was very helpful. I am saddened that this problem continued (and crashed my PC and lost several documents I was working on) after I mentioned it months ago. I am confident that Mark G. successfully fixed it this time, but this should have never happened and I feel you guys have really lost a lot of credibility with a lot of honest paying long time customers. I am happy with Mark G.’s performance, but quite honestly, your tech support shouldn’t be burdened with fixing something that should have never happened in the first place. 

Sorry to hear but glad it’s fixed now. We Mods are Volunteers and we try our best to help other users and most times the support channels are the best to get things fixed.

Regards,

The number just puts you in a never ending loop just like the forum. It doesn’t help. You can write support you can call, but they don’t respond. It is not helpful at all. My computer is useless and no one to help. Such a bad experience since they decided to play around with whatever they are doing lately. Not good service at all.

I called. Got help. They had to reinstall for me.  FYI.