Take Android Screenshots With a Simple Swipe or No Buttons at All

• 25 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Taking screenshots with Android can be tricky and sometimes frustrating, especially if you're trying to capture a specific scene in motion, like in a video clip or game. And if you're not careful with your buttons, you might end up accidentally shutting your phone down or restarting it.

<< Full Article >>

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

As someone who routinely reboots his phone taking screenshots, I appreciated these tips. I have a Pixel phone and really like how easy it is to screenshot there without reboot my phone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The latest version of Color OS on my Oppo Android phone seems to have resolved a lot of things like this, I don’t tend to get issues with accidentally rebooting the phone but appreciate the tips regardless and have shared with a colleague who DOES do this all the time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not an issue for me or my family as we are all iPhone users but ive sent this on to work colleagues that haven't got iPhones and ive had a couple of thanks back so thanks to you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I know the purpose of this article was to show an alternate way of taking screenshots on Android, but I must admit as an iPhone user I didn’t know how to take a screenshot at all. Thanks for sharing. This was super helpful in multiple ways. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There was a similar thread for iPhone about setting the back tap for screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I think I have as many screenshots on my phone as I have photos lol