Test the new cloud webroot

• 8 October 2017
  • 6 replies

If you already have the existing PC Webroot Secure Anywhere working can you test the new cloud based Webroot ?

When I downloaded the exe file it would not or could not install.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ExistWebrootUser

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Not really sure as to what you are alluding to/asking as WRSA has been cloud based since it was first released way back.

Please let us know what version of WRSA you have as an existing user and what the version is of the 'new cloud based Webroot'. That may help us clarify the 'mystery'.

Regards, Baldrick
I have Webroot Secure Anywhere already installed on my PC and I got the following email:-

I’m writing to inform you that we are starting the end of life (EOL) process for the Webroot® Web Security Service. Closedown is planned for midnight GMT on October 1, 2018.

The cybersecurity landscape has evolved since we launched Webroot Web Security Service in 2007. Webroot remains committed to advancing our cybersecurity solutions to stay ahead of cybercriminals. 

Based on our customers and extensive market research, an effective alternative way to combat network layer threats is with the recently released, cloud-based Webroot SecureAnywhere® DNS Protection service. More information about DNS Protection can be found here

How will the EOL impact you?
  • If your existing contract expires after midnight GMT, October 1, 2018, your Webroot Account Manager will contact you to discuss service options.
  • If your contract expires before midnight GMT, October 1, 2018, you will not be able to renew it. We will provide assistance to smooth your transition away from the Web Security Service, and will work with you to determine if DNS Protection would be suitable for your needs.
  • You will continue to receive full product support until the end of your contract or the EOL date, whichever occurs first.
  • To receive Webroot® Web Security Service product support click here to open a ticket. Please note that a change in the ticket creation and interaction process has now been implemented. More information and detailed instructions are available here.

Thank you for trusting Webroot to protect your business and clients. I sincerely hope we continue to work together to help secure the connected world. 

Sincerely,

Nick Emanuel
Director of Product ManagementI got the followingemail

I setup a test account with the new system and I downloaded the exe file and tried to install it but it would not run.

My question is:- can the new system be tested while the existing Webroot Security Anywhere is running on my PC ?
Userlevel 5
That seems unlikely that Webroot is shutting down WRSA....

I would think that would have generated huge amounts of buzz somewhere....

Makes me wonder at the source of that mail as it looks pretty official.

I am sure some of the mods will chime in soon.

Dave
It seems that you are, or were in the past, subscribed to the Webroot Web Security Service which, through a quick Google Search, I have found does indeed exist but is currently being phased out and will no longer be supported as from Oct 1st 2018 (see here for more information) and will indeed, as your mail says, be replaced by Webroot SecureAnywhere DNS. Note that both these two are business products which is why we over here don't know about them—this is the Forum for Home products, and the Business Forum is to be found here.

I think the best thing for me to do is to ping @ and @ so that they can check with you your current protection status, and assist you further if you are on said product and need to migrate.

One of them will be in touch shortly 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ and @ that is a legitmate message from Nick Emanuel that was sent out to all WSS users earlier this month. 

JP will be checking on your current protection status shortly. 

Thanks
Userlevel 7
@, it sounds like you're trying to install our Endpoint Product over the Home installation of Webroot you already have, is that right?

If that's the case, you'll need to uninstall the license you currently have installed to if you want to try out the Product mentioned in the email you received.

Please clarify if I'm mistaken!