Solved

The password for Active Processes will not work

• 4 February 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
I would like to change an Active Process for FreeYouTubeDownloaderUPdateHelper.exe from "Monitor" to "Allow". It asks for a password. I created the password but it still will not work. Help !

Thank you jolhoss
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 4 February 2019, 20:19

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jolhoss

Welcome to the NEW Community Forums.

I have just tried this on my installation of WRSA but see no such password request.

Do you know if you are using the Consumer (Home) version or the Endpoint (Business) version of WRSA?

If the former then please describe precisely what steps you take to get to the request for the password, etc. If the latter then most likely whoever manages your endpoint security installation will need to be contacted as it may be that there are policies in place to present this sort of change at the end user end.

Regards, Baldrick
Badge +1
Thank you ! It works now.

(….as Columbo used to say, "Just one more question"....)

Sometimes Webroot will allow a free trial and paid subscriptions of software such as VSO Player to go through but will not allow VSO Uploader to go through the malware detection process. Why is that ?

Do I need to add something to Active Processes ?
Userlevel 7
Hi jolhoss

When you say "will not allow VSO Uploader to go through the malware detection process" are you saying that you are trying to download VSO Uploader, and that WRSA is preventing the download?

If that is the case that could well be because you are downloading it from a 3rd party download site and WRSA is detecting adware & PUAs (Potentially Unwanted Applications) that these site sometimes add to the original installer. If that is the case then I would recommend that you download from the author's website or from a source recommended by the author.

If that is not what you are meaning then please provide additional information as to precisely where the "will not allow" you mention is occurring/how it is manifesting itself. And we can then try to clarify that for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you ! It works now.

(….as Columbo used to say, "Just one more question"....)

Sometimes Webroot will allow a free trial and paid subscriptions of software such as VSO Player to go through but will not allow VSO Uploader to go through the malware detection process. Why is that ?

Do I need to add something to Active Processes ?

VSO Uploader? Do you mean VSO Downloader?
http://www.vso-software.fr/products/downloader/vso-downloader.php
Badge +1
I meant VSO Uploader
Badge +1
Great. VSO DOWNLOADER. Sorry,
Badge +1
Some free and purchased software is called a "Trojan", or I put in the keycode and it is called a "Trojan.
Great. VSO DOWNLOADER. Sorry,
[ G ] c:\users\bjms\desktop\vso_downloader_setup.exe [SHA256: F3DD71FF31B2EBD64B505FF5C81F88DD8C82BF3855F412B59FA5B635071ED2F4] [MD5: 7B84B3CC731C25EB307B237A8B2E5B2E] [Flags: 00001000.2959]