The Webroot Chrome extension won't accept my email to log in..?

• 29 December 2015
  • 1 reply

The Webroot extension for Chrome isn't lit up green to show that it is on or working (like it has on my previous laptops). When I click the extension symbol, it asks me to log in to webroot. When I do, it tells me my email is invalid or incorrect; but I know that my email and password is being entered correctly. I am able to log into my account on Webroot's website successfully using the same email and password. Also, my google searches do have the webroot protection symbols, such as the green check marks, showing that the sites are safe to view. But I am still worried about the extension not working. Please help!!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Sarahjoclyn,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Could you try running the Toolbarfix tool.  You can download it for here.  Once downloaded launch it by clicking on the executable, and you should see the following, if then that is fine and you should click on 'Run':

which should then take you to the following dialog:

on which you should choose/check the option 'Repair/Install the Webroot Toolbar' and then press 'Start'.

That should initiate the fix process and you just have to wait for it to finish, close the dialog and then check in your browser to see if the Password Manager Toolbar icon is now visible.  If the fix has been successful you should see the following greyed out icon in a toolbar at the top of the IE browser page:

One then double cliks on that so that the login dialog is presented, etc.

If you continue to have issues then please Submit a Support Ticket and they will gladly assist with correcting this. Free of charge with a Webroot subscription.