They say that copying is the sincerest form of flattery?

• 7 March 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Well, just spotted this from a WSA rival:

"Comodo has announced the release of Comodo Firewall 7.0, Comodo Antivirus 7.0 and Comodo Internet Security 7.0.

The major addition to all three tools is the Viruscope, a new component of the Behaviour Blocker which monitors running processes, records their actions activities, and may be able to undo some of them later.

The new Website Filtering module can block access to known malware or phishing sites. There are options to customise it further with rules of your own, for example preventing a particular user from accessing Facebook."

Full Report

Great ideas...but I am sure that I have heard of them somewhere before...and there was NO 'may be able to undo' about it. ;)

EDIT: In the interests of fairness I should point out that the above is from a 3rd party review, and that Comodo say themselves that the 'Viruscope' feature will introduce "...the ability to reverse potentially undesirable actions of software"...so as far as they are concerned...no 'maybe' about it.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Excellent find and it does sound very familiar.
Of course Webroot cannot be beaten so all they can do is a poor impression of it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
But the Company is ran by a

and they don't have this! We will see cough, cough if there solution can do any such things as WSA. :p

Daniel :D

Userlevel 7
You are just sooooooooooo right on with that statement, Daniel. :D

I am sure that we will hear all sorts of claims about 'leading' or 'ground breaking' technology being deployed, and all the usual BS that comes from that sort of company...and all the while WSA will be out there delivering what the others can only prattle on about/not deliver, etc..  

I am sort of looking forward to hearing what spin the usual 'vox box' puts on it all...the pronouncements are usually a good laugh.

Apologies...will get off my soapbox now...;)

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
For comodo it's just PR and advertising, they do not have any outstanding cloud technologies.
All they have - useless DNS service and cloud file analysis, but it is very poorly developed.
"Website Filtering module can block access to known malware or phishing sites"
In tests shows very poor results)) 
Protection against phishing and malware resources comodo useless.