Updating to Windows 10 v1809 Deactivates Built-in Admin Account

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
January 2nd 2019, By Sergiu Gâtlan

The built-in Administrator account will be automatically deactivated when upgrading from Windows 10 version 1803 to Windows 10 version 1809 according to a post published on Microsoft's Japanese Technet blog.

Moreover, the issue arises only under certain conditions, when the built-in Administrator account is active, and there are other accounts on the machine which also have Administrator permissions.

Full Article.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
This is an odd one as I didn't see anything on my 2 main laptops or in any of my VM's, but 1809 is turning out to be a bad build for some and in this case it's the built in Admin account as I have all of mine setup with my Microsoft Admin account. :@

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Daniel! I am set up the same as you with Microsoft Account/Administrator. I have heard of a few issues with this WU 1809 so I am leary about manually updating it. So I'll wait abit longer to handle the task!;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Surprise Surprise...I FINALLY got Windows 10 v1809 to give me the update. In order to get that update/upgrade I had to delete the SoftwareDistribution Folder and run Windows Update Troubleshooter and I disabled/shut down my Security applications. Then I went to Settings/Windows update and low and behold there it was. So far I lost my Gadjets on the desktop and I had to enter password for my Network. Still looking around for any other issues....

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Sorry I was off Topic I guess in my last post...but I got my Gadgets back..

But so far I am not having the Deactivation that is built-in Administrator Account issue. At leaset not that I know of.:D

Thanks @Jasper_The_Rasper for the News Article!;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@Ssherjj wrote:
Surprise Surprise...I FINALLY got Windows 10 v1809 to give me the update. In order to get that update/upgrade I had to delete the SoftwareDistribution Folder and run Windows Update Troubleshooter and I disabled/shut down my Security applications. Then I went to Settings/Windows update and low and behold there it was. So far I lost my Gadjets on the desktop and I had to enter password for my Network. Still looking around for any other issues....

Awesome!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings