URGENT (not)

• 26 May 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17
One of my few credit card banks sent me a message yesterday with this subject line:

"URGENT - Your latest FICO Score needs your attention"

Well, my Webroot friends, what's the first thing that goes through your mind when you see such a message? Yes, exactly. Here's what I wrote the company using their "spoof" email address:

"Who was the genius that composed the subject line for this email?

I realized after closely looking at the email that it was legitimate, but my FICO Score does NOT need my attention, and the tone of the message makes any sensible email recipient suspicious.

Thank you"

The bank spoof email folks have not yet replied.

Be safe this weekend, everyone.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Appreciate you sharing, @! Like they always told me when I was younger: "You can never be too careful."

Hi Josh,

I have read about your name earlier. How do I get you to contact me back? So that I can bring an issue to you??
Userlevel 7
Hi Boxedit07

Welcome to the Community Forums.

JP should be notified of your post in this thread, by default, and therefore should respond as soon as he has sight of the notification. But if you want to drawn his attention more specifically you can just prefix his user name with an '@' which will further notify him of a mention of his user name in a post. Finally, you can also send him a Private Message or PM, by clicking on the'Messages' link that you should be able to see in the top right hand corner of each community page, below the Search feature & to the left of you username & avatar.

Having said all of that you can also let us know what the issue is and we can see if we can assist you. It is one of the reasons for the existence of this Community.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick