Vivaldi - Anyone using it?

• 22 December 2016
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone out there is using Vivaldi and if so what they think of it as it seems pretty fast and functional?

Opinions welcome.

Regards, Baldrick

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes I love that browser... Vivaldi ....I have used it along with Firefox. I learned about this browser when Jasper posted a news article about it last year maybe? It's really snappy I think!:D
Userlevel 7
Interesting, thanks Sherry.

Are you aware that it has recently had a major revamp and that it appears to be even more functional of late?

And the fact that is Chrome based means that all ones favourite extensions work just tickety boo. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @

...I haven't put in any extensions yet though. ;) EDITED:  I was not aware that I could use Chrome extensions. I've just installed UBlock Origin..:D

Yes it does have more features.. It has come a long ways since last year.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well all I can say is a use enough browsers as it is, so no I have not tried it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Well all I can say is a use enough browsers as it is, so no I have not tried it.
I agree with that Daniel.. 4 browsers ia alot ...Edge, IE. Chrome FF, etc
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Plus I use Cyberfox and Firefox is my primary! So I have 5 in total.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Plus I use Cyberfox and Firefox is my primary! So I have 5 in total.
Yes I have 5 too with Vivaldi...;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi @  I have not heard about Vivaldi browser until you mentioned it.  I did a quick review of it and I will try it out.  I think it will work for me.  Will webroot ext and password manager be compatible with this browser?

Thank you Baldrick for bringing up this browser, much appreciated  ? 
Userlevel 7
Well, I have 12 on the system...most are the portable versions and I hiave this mainly in response to previous issue when I have had to try to reproduce a problem...and I have ended up keeping them on the system as...being portable...they cause no issue. ;)

It is fun to try them out occassionally and see how they compare.

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi @  I have not heard about Vivaldi browser until you mentioned it.  I did a quick review of it and I will try it out.  I think it will work for me.  Will webroot ext and password manager be compatible with this browser?

Thank you Baldrick for bringing up this browser, much appreciated  ? 
I think I stated that back in post 3!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
@  Thank you.....Oversight by me.......Sorry........?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Doesn't support the addons I need like screen capture ones and my youtube video downloader 😞 as soon as I try the chrome addon trick and I try to download a YT video the whole browser crashes 😞
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
I have been using Vivaldi for about a week now.  It seems faster than Firefox or Chrome.  As far as downloading video's goes, since Chrome won't let you download a youtube videio I started using a  program called 4k video downloader.  You simply start the video in your browser, copy the URL and paste  it into 4k video downloader and it is done. The webroot filtering extension and password managers work in Vivalldi.  I added Vivaldi.exe to Webroots identity shield, but there is no gold padlock as there is in Firefox and Chrome on the Webroot icon on the taskbar.. I love Vivaldi tab stacking where you can see two websites side by side.  For exam;le you can have Google maps on one side of the page and street view on the other so you can see what the street looks like when you get there.  Many other great features. Great browser.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
My favorite browser as well. Besides stacked, tiled tabs, the panel bar allows for notes on websites (including screen shots), super quick commands (you need to see it to believe it), adding to the side panel, and you can customize it more than any other browsers I've seen.

It does seem very fast as well.