Solved

Voice texting question

• 23 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@ProTruckDriver you seem to be very knowledgeable about the iphone. Can you tell me how to get the phone to advance to the next line by voice command? I will sometimes voice reply to an email. After I speak the greeting I usually have to manually press the return key to advance down a few lines before I can then continue with my voice to text. If you know a key word or trick to do this by voice I would appreciate your help.

Teri

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 23 October 2022, 20:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @tmcmullen I don't the answer to that. Maybe @Ssherjj can answer that question. She’s the expert on the iPhone questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@tmcmullen , sorry I use an Android phone not a iPhone. So I do know to voice to text you have to say commands such as ..."period" or "question mark" at the end of your sentence. 

"Quote"..."end quote"

"New Paragraph": begins a new paragraph. 

"comma "

"exclamation mark"

"new line"

"all caps on"

"dollar sign"

"smiley face"

Hopefully I answered your question?

@ProTruckDriver thanks for the ping...even though I use iPads...Samsung phone...😁

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hello @tmcmullen I don't the answer to that. Maybe @Ssherjj can answer that question. She’s the expert on the iPhone questions.

Thanks! I appreciate you passing it on!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Ssherjj Thank you! I hadn’t tried new paragraph or new line. I just did a test email and it works! This is so helpful, I really appreciate it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@Ssherjj Thank you! I hadn’t tried new paragraph or new line. I just did a test email and it works! This is so helpful, I really appreciate it!

You are most welcome. Happy to be able to assist/help you!

Have a great evening!😊

Sherry