Solved

Web Threat Shield cannot reach one of its components.

• 24 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
WebrootSmall.png

- Component cannot be reached

Web Threat Shield cannot reach one of its components. Consider restart or reinstall.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 25 July 2020, 17:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @gmajic 

Have you tried a Reboot of the System? If so does it work now? Would you like to do a clean reinstall?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks! But I found the answer to my problem on another of my computers, where the same problem had occurred. I refreshed the page and the WR Threat Shield was restored.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@gmajic  Great to hear! Yes a refresh of the page or just restarting the Browser could help!

Cheers,

In our endpoint security we have launched much better Script and fileless attack protection about 10 weeks ago within our new Webroot Evasion Shield. We did ship this switched ‘off’ by default just so MSPs could test using a new Detect and Report (but do not remediate policy)  before switching it on to detect and Remediate - we’ve been surprised how slowly MSPs are turning this essential defenses on (so a reminder here to do so).

thanks

alexsunny