Webpages Slow Loading

• 13 November 2015
  • 7 replies

I am having trouble with slow loading when I use the internet explorer.  I have updated my NVIDIA drivers, currently using Windows 10(although I just downloaded it and this started right before that) and it seems as though my laptop is up to date.  I used my daughters laptop, as a test, to go to the same pages thinking it was our internet connection but hers is zippy fast.  Looking for suggestions on what to try to speed things back up.  Asus i7, NVIDEA GEFORCE 610M is what I am using.  I did the system analyze option on WEBROOT and did get this message "Graphics Ram is low which is impacting performance".  Although I have never had any issue with my graphics in the past.  Suggestions appreciated.  TIA.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Mel1

If yo are running WSA on your system then to check that it is not something being caused by that I would temporarily shutdown protection (right click on WSA notification tray icon and select 'Shutdown protection' and follow the instruction), and then try the sites you tried before once more to see if there is a difference.

If there is then we could try an uninstall/clean resintsall of WSA (instructions can be provided if so required). If there is no change then restart protection by double clicking on the WSA desktop item, and we wil have to consider other causes/sources.

Regards, Baldrick

Thank you for the response. Tried that and unfortunately that did not make any difference. Open to next suggestion...also I am now doing this from my phone because it's giving me the page could not be displayed message now. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

If I may add ?.. Would resetting IE help?

To reset Internet Explorer settings
  1. Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
  2. Reopen Internet Explorer.
  3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
  4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. ...
  5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
Here is a Microsoft help site.. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/956196

See if this helps ok?

Okay, I did try the reset for Internet explorer but that didn't seem to help either. I did manage to download a different browser, Google chrome. It seems to be working far better than explorer. I honestly prefer I.E. though so I'm going to continue to troubleshoot/research the issue. No matter what, explorer should be able to run without problems. Thanks for the help, Much appreciated. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hello there!  If I may make a few comments as well......

I gave up on IE entirely a while ago due to the fact that it does just plain run slower.  I do not understand why one computer there should run so much faster than the other IF they are both using the same version as IE though.

I also notice that over the last year Chrome has slowed down considerably. While it is still my default browser, I find Firefox to be much quicker.  

If you are not in need of using extensions (LIke the Webroot Password Manager) and you are on Windows 10, you might try Edge.  

One thing you might do if you have not tried it is to reset your router.  I sometimes have a problem with mine in which every device is running just fine but ONE.  Resetting the router often will help.  Also, on your computer, while the router is resetting, delete the saved WiFi connection and once the router is back up re-do it.  That also MIGHT help a bit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello again!

It looks like we didn't address your System Analyzer results.

We get alot of questions along similar lines...and the answer is always the same; System Analyzer is just a baseline tool 

As to the result regarding low graphics RAM, there is no need to worry.  That is a very common result, and it only means that your video is not top of the line, and so you may have issues playing the very latest greatest graphic intense games.

Personally, I would not worry too much about the findings.

Yes you should be able to run IE without any issues but that hasn't been the norm with IE. That's why I prefer and do use Firefox and Chrome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
what version from Secure Anywhere are you running? In the 8 build ( the last official release ) the webfilter's a bit slow. A replacement is being tested at the moment. Guess the more experienced users here can explain you more about that. I had a similar issue on the last official build and now in the latest beta it looks muy better.