Webroot and Norton Security are working perfectly fine together in their latest version.

• 24 January 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
So i recently i bought Webroot Internet Security Complete and it's by far the best antivirus i've had. I'm really a fan of Webroot :D But the thing is i also had a license of Norton Security sitting around and wanted to give this combo a try.

I'm posting this as the last posts on the subject date from 2015 and i though some people would be interested to know if the latest version of Webroot and Norton are compatible as of 2017.

What i did:

- Uninstalled Webroot and restarted computer
- Installed Norton Security, updated and restarted
- installed Webroot and restarted

What happened:

Norton did not prompt me to uninstall Webroot and the installation went smoothly. Both Webroot and Norton don't interfere with each other. There is no system slowdown and the system is just slightly slower as if using Norton alone (of course the lightest config is using Webroot only). I've excluded Webroot in Norton, but i don't really think that's necessary.

Startup, scans, website blocking and protection works great. I've noticed that Webroot tend to relax and let Norton take most actions, and then shows itself when Norton misses something, which is great.

The only thing is that the search engine ratings should be activated only on one security software, as they tend to glitch when used together, so take your pick and deactivate one.

In conclusion:

Webroot and Norton play very nice together. No interaction or issues have been encountered. Having both Webroot and Norton uses almost the same resources than Norton alone.

This combo is good, but keep in mind that for most users, in my opinion, Webroot alone is more than enough and much lighter.

Tested on my 3 home computers on Windows 10 Anniversary Update with Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete 9.0.15.40 and Norton Security Premium 22.8.1.14

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ZombieWyntech,

Thank you for all this information...and for taking the time to post. :D

Very interesting indeed.