Solved

WebRoot and other Browsers?

• 5 June 2013
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
I would really like to know if webroot has any plans to work with other browsers besides IE and FireFox? Browsers like Opera, Safari, or any of the other spin off's Chrome or Firefox or IE? Is there a reason software company's only cater to those browsers? Not everyone uses IE or Firefox!! Just a curious question. It would be nice.

These are a few in question!

Pale Moon
Comodo Dragon or Ice Dragon
CoolNovo
Srware Iron
icon

Best answer by Dermot7 5 June 2013, 16:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi mac353. A browser can be protected by manually using the Protected Applications feature: https://www.webrootanywhere.com/sah_Identity_Protection.asp?n=Managing_protected_applications I use Pale Moon myself. Chrome is also one of the officially supported browsers also. HTH
Userlevel 7
You can Submit an Idea for a browser to have more functionality (Password Management, search annotations).
Userlevel 4
That's what I meant, the browser extension for signing into web sites and such! Is this going to be possible down the line?? Thanks, Marc
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
That's what I meant, the browser extension for signing into web sites and such! Is this going to be possible down the line?? Thanks, Marc
It works fine with Chrome, I use it daily.  If Chrome was installed on your computer when you installed the toolbar, go into Tools, Extensions.  You have to manually enable the toolbar extension after installing it.
If you did not have Chrome installed when you installed the toolbar, you might need to re-install the toolbar.