Webroot Community > Home page

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but when I click on the "Join The Community" icon at the Home page, it boots me out to the previous screen where you enter the community.   I don't know the intent of this icon but it does not really have a clear function.  My suggestion is to just remove the current function behind it, keep the picture in the room and change the words to "Welcome to the Webroot Community".    I would like additional comments on this.

Addendum:  Please also check out the "software Update" that seems to be pointing to a different place.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi YankeeLady.

You are absoulutely correct in the fact that joining the Community bounces back to the home page. Maybe we can ping
@ and see what she saids?
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Good idea Sherry.  Did you also try the one underneath that one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ Nevermind the update page.. goes to HERE
That is okay.

Below this is in my signature and its not working either under Register.

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!  
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
It seems like the majority of the links are broken.  Even when I look at any profile (moving cursor over advatar) the stats are there but the wording (kudos,  solutions, posts) is in white (transparent).

In addition, the other day I messaged @ due to the fact that when I first come into the room. no longer than 15 seconds, the Webroot Survey pops up asking whether I wanted to take the survey.  Choices are no thanks or yes, when I'm done.  Except when you click on "yes when I'm done" it throws you into the page where you start the survey.   Well seeing Cat knows hopefully this will be taking care of.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes this part has been reported:

( Even when I look at any profile (moving cursor over advatar) the stats are there but the wording (kudos,  solutions, posts) is in white (transparent).)

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
I just noticed on the Home page to the right where it says, Looking for Support, "The Community is happy to answer your questions, but if you're looking for our official support department, please click here to open a ticket".

There is nothing to click on?

Just thought I mention it.  ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I just noticed on the Home page to the right where it says, Looking for Support, "The Community is happy to answer your questions, but if you're looking for our official support department, please click here to open a ticket".

There is nothing to click on?

Just thought I mention it.  ;)
Looks like there is still a way to the Support page by the upper right hand side that saids Contact Us
 https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us

But you are right about the Looking for Support link is missing there. I am just wondering if they are trying to make a new Webpage. Because this has changed at the bottom of the Home page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'll double check links on the homepage today.

And regarding the survey, @ just fixed that last week. We should be all set there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you @ Much appreciated,,:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
@Thanks for your follow through.....greatly appreciated    ;)

Update:  Survey popped up, click on take it later when I'm done and it went into the start of the survey  :(
@akim
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hi @, can you please let me know if it opened on the page you were on or in a separate tab? I believe it is set to open in a separate tab so that you can finish with the page you were on, but if that isn't what happened I can contact Lithium. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi @ the survey opened up over the page I was on. Thanks Anna
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@, I will look into the issue with the page not opening in a separate tab, but another question is why you are seeing the survey more than once, as you should only get it once every 90 days. The survey prompt is cookie based, so one reason would be if you are visiting the community on a cleared cache. Do any of these scenarios apply to you?

- Visiting on different machines or browsers.
- Visiting the community using a private window/browser session.
- Clearing your cookies/cache manually, or automatically when your browser is closed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi @, Anna

I have no clue why I'm seeing the survey twice in one login session.  I don't clear my cache/cookies.  I use FireFox as my browser (as always), use only my laptop, and no private browser.  When the survey appears it says no thanks or when I'm done,  This is one I choose and the survey presents itself right away.

I recently renewed my subscription.

edited:  just as I posted this reply, the survey popped up twice in a row.

Hope this helps. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
This sounds like it may be an issue that Lithium support would need to assist with. However, I believe we have enough data from the survey to turn it off for now, so it has been deactivated. You should no longer receive pop-ups, but please let me know if you do see anything unusual.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
@  Thank you Anna much appreciated