Webroot false positive - deleted file 3DP Chip

• 30 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello all! Yesterday Webroot has popup and says he found a malware/virus. It says “3DP Chip Lite” found as malware and delete it.

Later on I was looking for that exe file on the internet and it says it’s 3DP Chip is another useful program that will automatically detect and display the information on your CPU, motherboard, video card and sound card installed on your PC. You can also choose to copy these information into your clipboard with one click for later use (such as posting in a forum).

I don’t know why Webroot deleting all good stuff but missed well known malware?!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Hello all! Yesterday Webroot has popup and says he found a malware/virus. It says “3DP Chip Lite” found as malware and delete it.

Later on I was looking for that exe file on the internet and it says it’s 3DP Chip is another useful program that will automatically detect and display the information on your CPU, motherboard, video card and sound card installed on your PC. You can also choose to copy these information into your clipboard with one click for later use (such as posting in a forum).

I don’t know why Webroot deleting all good stuff but missed well known malware?!

Hello @Webroot Space,

Please Submit A Support Ticket so that we can investigate further. 

Thanks,

-Dan