Best answer by Baldrick
Firstly, I would reboot your system and see if that sorts it out.
Secondly, if that does not then, if you are moderately technical, you can manually add the browser in question to the Identity Shield, which should then restore the Golden Padlock.
To add an application; in this case a browser, please follow these instructions:
1. Click on the gear/cog symbol to the right of the Identity Protection tab in the main app panel.
2. From the panel displayed select the Application Protection tab.
3. On the next panel click on the 'Add application' button
4. Navigate to the appropriate path for the app; this will usually be either:
C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)
Note: you will need to complete the path by drilling into the relevant app folder until you find the main executable.
5. Select that executable & click 'Open' to registered the executable in the Application Protection window.
6. Make sure that the entry (.exe) for the executable is registered with the 'Protect' button enabled.
and thereafter WRSA will protect your browsing with the browser.
Hope that helps, but if not then please post back here.