Solved

Webroot Icon Not In Menu Bar

• 3 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
I have Webroot running in the background on my MacBook but the icon isn't showing in the menu bar so I cannot open the program. I have tried to uninstall but cannot close it running in the background. I tried to do this through Activity Monitor but it immediately restarts. Anybody know how to solve this please?
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 3 August 2019, 13:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello @Kneeslider46 Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

Sorry to you are having problems with uninstalling Webroot.

1. First try a reboot of your computer and see if the Webroot Icon appears in the menu bar.
  2. If the icon does not appear with the reboot then go into safe mode and let your computer run in safe mode a few minutes. Then reboot into the regular mode and see if the icon appears in the menu bar. Safe mode on a Mac cleans up and sometimes fixes a lot of files. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262
If none of the above works you can try a install over the top with Webroot to see if that will kick in the icon to appear in the menu bar.

To install the Mac software:
  1. Click here to download the SecureAnywhere installer to your Mac.
  2. Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  3. Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  4. To install Webroot from Best Buy Geek Squad click here
  5. Double-click wsamac.dmg to open the installer.
  6. Drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon into the Applications folder.
  7. In the first activation window, enter your keycode and click Activate.
  8. If prompted, confirm the installation by entering your Apple system password and click OK.
  9. Let Webroot complete the scan.

If all the above fail or if you feel safer having the professionals at Webroot uninstall the software properly Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.