Solved

Webroot in PC magazine

• 28 February 2014
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
REVIEWS
Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete review: Protection needs improvement
4 weeks ago by Sarah Jacobsson Purewal, PCWorld

Webroot's suite has a nice interface, but the program needs to get better at detecting zero-day attacks and distinguishing between threats and nonthreats.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 1 March 2014, 20:53

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I read the complete article and I still believe Webroot has the best Tech Support which is the most important aspect for me to be able to get support from a Antivirus program and securing me online. PC mag claims the free anti virus from Microsoft Security Essentials does a better job catching it all. And kaperskys is better yet. I've tried them all and I've had protection for 20 some years and WRS is the best for me and user friendly for most. You can't get this kind of support or volunteers to help you with their Programs or without a cost or even any dedication or loyalty that comes with Webroot Anywhere...anywhere... Where's my smileys jumping up now....
Userlevel 7
Hi sherjj

As you have discovered there are a lot of reviewers who, I would respectfully submit, have not understood the key approach that WSA uses; very much simplified....that is that a non active piece of malware is not a threat, and WSA kicks in as and when it detects the activity or monitors when it cannot determine that an unknown file/exe is not malware.  Of course, most reviews and comparative tests do not look at this/test for this at present...but things are changing as the message is getting through.

If you have not already seen  WSA scores 100% in MRG Efitas tests.... then you may find it interesting reading, and you may also be interested in this What Happens if Webroot "Misses" a Virus? KB article.

Finally, if you have the time, I would recommend taking the time to watch the following 3 Great Video's with Webroot CEO, Dick Williams and Michael Malloy, Executive VP of Product and Strategy of Webroot Inc., which explain very well WSA's unique approach:

Hope that you find this useful? :D

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Top of the morning to you Mr. Baldrick, your article and information is greatly appreciated and I'll read this because it certainly will be interesting after....morning coffee. I love stirring up the pot just to get more info and for leading me to knowledge. There's no doubt in my mind that WSA is the best.
Userlevel 7
And to you Lady sherjj

Your are most welcome :D

I love finding about these things and passing the information on when I can and where appropriate...it is this ethos of this Community that makes it probably the best one on the Web...well, at least in my book.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Have a great weekend.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Baldrick, very very impressive with this information and it's great that I don't have to look up these links. I can just tap it once and I'm there...Coool.

Ditto: Have a greater weekend!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi again...I do realize I'm trying to deal with the Big boys and more knowledgable girls, so please understand I'm still a newbie trying to function here even tho I'm a frequent voice which is great so hopefully all will endure my posts until I get tech savvy eh?
Userlevel 7
Just a quick post but in regard to detecting zero-day attacks Webroot are easily one of the quickest to respond. Just look at the number of articles that have been posted about so called new attacks that we have seen months ago! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank You, Rakanishue.. im reading alot of articles since i posted that..ummm I'm learning alot since i posted that..Its all good.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Loved the video..great stuff...again thanks Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
When you have an hour you should watch this video by Grayson Milbourne Director, Security Intelligence Webroot.

Why Traditional AV Solutions Are Failing -- Webroot Webinar

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Wonderful TripleHelix..will do! Just listened to the Webroot Webinar and tons of valuable, interesting information. Dang I missed the questions and the prize:@  

Cheers,

Sherry
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Just a quick post but in regard to detecting zero-day attacks Webroot are easily one of the quickest to respond. Just look at the number of articles that have been posted about so called new attacks that we have seen months ago! 
I agree. I have never understood where some of the reviewes get their data. Webroot has one of the quickest "time to repsond" to new threats of any company.
Userlevel 6
I'm late getting to view this but it was very informative and thanks for posting. It helps an old rooster stay abreast; I typically lose focus if it's more advanced then "Napolean Dynamite"! (And roosters don't have talons).:D