Webroot nailed 2 viruses on Android Tablet!

• 10 October 2016
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
My Grandson was playing games on my Android tablet and I went to plug tablet into charger and noticed red exclamation mark on Webroot. Webroot ended up putting 2 kids games in Quarantine. They were "Shotgun Shot Reload"  and "Tiny Troopers." Which is a Trojan. Webroot labeled Android.Ads.Airpush a PUA and gave me 2 options. Restore this item or Delete Permanently. Of course I took the latter one.

EDITED:
This Trojan is able to send MMS and emails
Make phone calls
Track your Location 
Read your browser history/ bookmarks 
Steal sensitive data
Particpate in a botnet
Conduct click fraud.

Love that Webroot is doing its job! 😉

10 replies

I have Webroot on my son's tablet just for this reason. Haven't needed it yet, thankfully, but it's very reassuring to know that it's doing its job.:)

Hard to believe you're a grandma, ?. You don't look like a grandma. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well I'm just happy I was looking at that Android Tablet...I would of hated to see that Trojan mess everything up big time. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Why thank you ?...I don't feel like a Grandma! LOLs 
Now that's funny because I'm not a grandpa (yet) but I DO feel like one. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well you work and have kids and that can keep you busy! 😉
Well, I was a bachelor from the age of 16, when I left home, until I got married at 33. I burned the candle at both ends for pretty much that entire 16 years. So I'm kind of paying for that now. :$

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
All I can say is you sound energetic and young while here on the Forum...so you're not that old either spite your history! :D
Thank you, Sherry. I will say that I take much better care of myself since getting married/having kids. I eat healthier, exercise, and usually get a good night's sleep. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Your welcome! Happy to hear that a family life suits you and that you are taking care of yourself! Kudos for you ! 😉
Userlevel 6
? That is fantastic news!  I have an Android system on my LG cell phone which is what I use to check emails on the go, so it's wonderfully reassuring to know that my Webroot is keeping an eye on everything for me!  I have it set up to do the hourly scan on my phone to make sure no whoseewhatsis cooties might infect my phone, as you know I'm cootie-phobic when it comes to my laptop or any sort of tech stuff!

Glad you caught this and that your grandkids are so tech savvy!  The babies can leave me in the dust with the things they know how to do on these gadgets of the future!!!:D