Solved

webroot system analyzer no antispyware product is installed

• 1 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Our in home network has a total of 12 PC’s, laptops, iPad2 and all have windows 10 but one PC and of course iPad2 air is not listed on our webroot.  I just bought a new laptop and added webroot to it.  Since I have never had an issue with this software is why I am at odds.  I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled Webroot due to this message “webroot system analyzer no antispyware product is installed”.  If this was on the software section of the program I wouldn’t be as unnerved however, this is on the “Threats”.  Now, I have called Webroot, hours of research and I think after 1-2 months now I either need an answer or look for a different vendor.  Shame since I have been with you for over 5 years and love the software.

icon

Best answer by Reaper 2 December 2019, 11:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @Reaper Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

I hear what you’re saying with System Analyzer. Even with the votes to discontinue System Analyzer in THIS POST Webroot decided to keep this buggy part of WSA. Doesn’t even work right on a Mac computer either. Since you already went to Support with this buggy problem let me ping our Forum Manager for his input. @freydrew 

Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello@Reaper Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

I hear what you’re saying with System Analyzer. Even with the votes to discontinue System Analyzer in THIS POST Webroot decided to keep this buggy part of WSA. Doesn’t even work right on a Mac computer either. Since you already went to Support with this buggy problem let me ping our Forum Manager for his input.@freydrew 

Dave

Hello@Reaper ,

Sorry to hear of this issue. I don't understand why our Administrator@freydrew hasn't responded to the ping that@ProTruckDriver has kindly submitted. This should be top priority since you have been a loyal customer for 5 years and you are protecting so many PCs. Let's hope this gets taken care of soon.

We have folks who are needing help/answers that should take precedence over all else..😥 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Today it’s Monday 11.4.19, I call into the main office of Webroot.  I told them again, how odd it was that my newest lappy bought in September and is the only unit of 12 or more units that not only has a “Bang” saying NO spyware product is installed under threats which to me, is not cool.  I can understand memory leaks within software section, but NEVER have I had a leak within win 10 file explorer.  I love Webroot however, when I call them direct and wait forever on hold to get a well, we are working on it as tho I know nada about PC is rude and scary if I take my lappy to a meeting in a building I have never been to before for a meeting. What is a client to do??

Badge

I too am getting the message “No Spyware Installed” every time I run the System Analyzer.  I called Webroot, and the guy told me that the problem was with Microsoft, not with Webroot - and until Microsoft gets things straightened out - this will occur.  I sort of felt that this was of those “pat answers given” when the person I’m speaking doesn’t have a clue!  He tells me that Webroot is the Antispyware that is giving me this message - and not to worry.  I’ve been running Webroot on 5 computers for years now - and am about to consider switching to another company - if they don’t get these issues straightened out.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

IMO I find System Analyzer useless and don’t use it and I did ask Webroot to remove it see here: https://community.webroot.com/got-an-idea-29/remove-system-analyzer-from-all-products-and-just-leave-it-as-a-standalone-downloadable-app-263631

Again it’s IMO!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

What I find odd everyone, is there is 10-12 window 10 pro on our network.   I add to new system and it is the only one that has this issue.  We also have been client since almost the beginning of Webroot, the a partner  (LastPass ) comes into the picture and all heck breaks out with their system.  I was told that my case would be set to the next level and they would get back to me.  However,  that was almost two months ago.  Here’s the kicker, all my other units of the network don’t have this issue at all.  Go figure huh??  Like one of you, after this yearly contract is over, I’m gone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What I find odd everyone, is there is 10-12 window 10 pro on our network.   I add to new system and it is the only one that has this issue.  We also have been client since almost the beginning of Webroot, the a partner  (LastPass ) comes into the picture and all heck breaks out with their system.  I was told that my case would be set to the next level and they would get back to me.  However,  that was almost two months ago.  Here’s the kicker, all my other units of the network don’t have this issue at all.  Go figure huh??  Like one of you, after this yearly contract is over, I’m gone.

Hey there @Reaper,

I just checked with our support team and was informed that the escalation team replied on Sept. 22 and 24. At the moment, the product team has marked this as an “open defect” that only affects things cosmetically. It does not interfere with protection or functionality. 

So, in other words, we do recognize this as an issue to be fixed in a future update. However, it is not affecting the protection of any of your computers. 

Hope this helps.

-Keenan

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

-Keenan , with all said in your statement, no, it doesn’t help at all.  If IT can’t find the issues after 2+ months of reviewing lines of script the issue can’t be found just how does a client reply that all the bugs that are developed weekly, monthly etc., does a client feel secure if you can’t find the easiest of issues, the big issues are being addressed wholeheartedly?

I apologize for being so abruptly harsh,however, if a client has never seen their vendor act so nonchalant on the security they provide, can you blame me??

-Reaper