Solved

Webroot team won't whitelist my website!

• 17 June 2021
  • 6 replies

As the title of the topic says, webroot won’t whitelist my website despite the fact that it is clean and secured.

Two months ago my website suffered from the dreadful (0-day) - Unauthenticated Arbitrary File Upload of kaswara plugin, just like few thousands of other websites . Basically there was nothing i could do but to uninstall the plugin and rebuild my website . Now the website is clean and running flawlessly since two months. Even google blocked me, but they immediately unblock me after the updates, Yesterday i have sent emails to tha last 5 antivirus or antimalware companies that blocked my website and most they immediately reacted and whitelisted my website, after testing the site, ofcourse. Except for webroot. All i get from them is an automatic answer from a robot i guess. I have 3 times submitted the false positive request and every damn time i got the same exact answer ( copy, paste ).

I want answers! I have worked hard to get my website clean and get back on the first google page. I want to know why webroot refuses to remove my website from the black list while all the others did? 

My website is : https://laboplus.eu

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 18 June 2021, 23:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Feodor 

This is what it shows: https://www.brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php

Only Webroot BrightCloud can change it so try to contact them here: https://www.brightcloud.com/tools/change-request.php

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@Feodor 

I’ve placed a request to have the site re-evaluated by Brightcloud. 

Your site is also blacklisted with alphamountain.ai as well for malicious activity. 

You will have to realize that the reputation score of your site will take a while to improve as it was previously compromised. 

Hope this helps

John

Hello @Feodor 

This is what it shows: https://www.brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php

Only Webroot BrightCloud can change it so try to contact them here: https://www.brightcloud.com/tools/change-request.php

Thanks,

Please don’t treat me like a fool! I have seen this stupid screen before! It means nothing to me! Congrats on your print screen uploads!

You can’t just punish someone or some website for what happened in the past. The vulnerable plugin ( kaswara ) it has completely removed from my website, and the whole website rebuild due to high integration of kaswara plugin. There are thousands of websites affected by this stupid plugin and you should already know that. If you don’t know, here is some info ( https://support.templines.com/forums/topic/update-of-the-vulnerability-of-the-kaswara-plugin/ ).

These two infections happened twice in a week, just because nobody knew about that damn plugin vulnerability.

You say that only BrightCloud can remove this, and you posted a link which i’ve already used 3 times. And Every time i’ve got the same ROBOT answer.

Please jhartnerd123, if you can’t help, don’t even waste my time with your useless reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@Feodor 

Please tone down the words a bit.

I can understand your frustration and the ticket I placed has been addressed and the site has been reclassified and the phishing designation removed. 

Reputation has also improved, albeit only slightly to suspicious. But that should remove the block. 

John

@Feodor

Please tone down the words a bit.

I can understand your frustration and the ticket I placed has been addressed and the site has been reclassified and the phishing designation removed. 

Reputation has also improved, albeit only slightly to suspicious. But that should remove the block. 

John

Of course I am frustrated, since hundreds of other antivirus companies removed the block after checking my website, but only you are playing hard to get.

Of course I am frustrated when you point things to me like I’m some kind of idiot.

That’s my website on a black list added by you! Of course the site is on a red zone, because you added it there. 

I have used your false positive services to request removal, just like I've done with the other  antivirus companies,  and I get this standard reply tree times from you!

THIS : “ 

We have reviewed laboplus[.]eu, and determined that it does not need to be changed at this time based on BrightCloud’s classification criteria.

It is currently classified as Business and Economy,Phishing and Other Frauds in the BrightCloud Service and available in Database version 7.781.

You can read our Database Change FAQs for more information on the most common reasons why your suggestion may not have been implemented. “

YOU DON’T HAVE TO CHECK A DAMN DATABASE IN ORDER TO UNBLOCK A WEBSITE! You literally have to scan the damn website!

Why is my website suspicious? Show me a print screen, as you did before, what part of my website is suspicious! Don’t show me again what a database, filled in by a retard, shows.

Do you actually think that a hacker would care this much about a damn website? 

It’s my hard work since two years! Of course It bothers me all this story. If i would know the guy who hacked me, I’d travel to his place, no matter where, and cut his fucking fingers! 

I don’t even care how the reputation of my website is outside Benelux, I only promote services there. But your way of handling things disturbs me.

I have blocked access to my website from all over the world except few countries in Europe. So in case and hopefully, you decide to scan my website, let me know so i disable the firewall rule for your country. But i don’t think that will ever happen, cause you only check what your database says.

Again! Why suspicious? You can’t accuse someone or something without proofs .

If you have any proofs, then i will accept your decision. If you don’t you have any proofs, then ad my website as clean. 

We are not talking about past! Present is what matters. If you don’t make things right, i promise I’ll find the right organization to fix thing. Heck, I’ll even involve my lawyer in this.

It’s personal now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thread Closed if you have issues a public forum is not the place for it so take it up with Webroot and or BrightCloud via there support channels.