What can you buy with your Bitcoins?

• 7 December 2013
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
We have had a few posts and discussions about BitCoins in the Community over the last several months.  Today I see another interesting article that shows it is truly amazing how these things are being used.

"
A Florida man bought a Tesla Model S from a Lamborghini dealership in Newport Beach, Calif., this week. It was the first time the dealer had accepted Bitcoin, it said.

"That's right, an electronic currency was used to purchase a fully electric vehicle," the dealer's blog stated.

The buyer, who wishes to remain anonymous, bought the top-of-the-line Tesla for $103,000, which was equivalent to 91.4 Bitcoins on Tuesday, the day of the sale, said Cedric Davy, marketing director at the dealership.
"

Full Article

If you want to try it now, just a few days later, you better be prepared to pay more: evidently the BitCoin took a sharp drop in value Friday.  I am curious, and I wonder if that drop had anything to do with what our good friend Jasper brought to our attention a few days before?  I wonder even more if that fancy car was paid for by PUAs!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I wish there was more discussion on Bitcoin.  I am currently trying to educate myself on the subject.  I plan to try CampBX on a  tiny scale and also for fun, a couple of hundred dollars I'm thinking.  Anything you know about their website will be welcome.  Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Bitcoin has fallen to less than half the value it recently traded for, following reports of fresh action by Beijing to restrict trade in the virtual currency.

BTC China has said that local payment companies have been blocked from providing it with clearing services.

It means that the firm - the world's biggest Bitcoin exchange in terms of trading volumes - can no longer accept yuan-based deposits.

Prices tumbled following the news.

One bitcoin was trading for as low as 2,560 yuan ($421, £258), according to the South China Morning Post.

That compares with an all-time high of 7,588 yuan ($1,250; £764) in late November.

Full Topic