Solved

What happen to primary english speaking customer service care n issue still not even answer njor fixed!!! GROWL

• 29 April 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +2
I had to wait over an hour to get not one, but TWO persons unable to understand English, much less help me!

Question was and still is ... verbatim ...
" Why is my webroot colors yellow n brown when i still have 29 days left and why am i getting pop ups, interrupting me, from webroot about renewal? I logged it, so that should be recognition enough to leave me alone n return my colors. "

First person could not understand my email n had to keeeeeep repeating, then he repeated me in a question ... i ask for USA n had to wait again for another person!

Second person ... same issues ... but this time he wanted to add more colors n issues than i had?!

I have been with webroot since 9/11 n it was just window washer! I was utterly giddy when webroot finally was a company that had primary english speaking persons to help its clients with all their issues without having to be on the phone for hours just to explain problems (i.e. norton) n another 5 to maybe get partial help!

Webroot ... Sooooooo Not Good!!!
icon

Best answer by LLiddell 29 April 2019, 21:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @FireCoral

When the license is at 30 days or less the UI will turn Brown to let the user know that your subscription is running out but once you get a renewal or a new Keycode and install it then it will go back to green. But be sure you are still protected for the remaining 29 days at this time.

HTH,
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Sounds like you spoke to a tech support scammer, as our tech support is all in-house here in Colorado. Make sure you're calling the right number: 1-866-612-4227.
Badge +2
One stated he was Polish in Dublin, yet had a Latin accent n the second sounded the same. So when english failed, I did try in Latin too! Both were able to tell me my days left.

The numbers I have r 866-612-4268 n 303-442-3813.

TripleHelix ... Thank you!

LLiddell ... Whaaaaaaaat! I have had many tecs from overseas with a lovely accent! But thank you.

... I once use to code, so not a morron, just having to relearn everything again! uuuugggg!
Badge +2
Triple Helix ... i figured as much with renewal n color ... but a month ahead of time is ridiculous, a week before I can understand ... n the pop ups need to go too!

Can this be rectified?

N another question please ... maybe a few ...

I have an apple phone that went postal on the last hard ios update ... r their laptops the same?

I am strongly eyeballing the mac pro i9 ...When i renew webroot on a windows , will it transfer to the apple.

Can webroot properly work well an all apple products and what r the pitfalls, if any?

Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Well it depends, but generally our support team is all here in the states. There's a small chance you spoke to someone from our Dublin office. 1-866-612-4268 is the number to Webroot sales, which is also here in Colorado. None of which have any accent other than an American one. All the same, if you use the number I provided for tech support, you should be all set.

iOS is a mobile only operating system, the Apple laptops use macOS.

To transfer your license to a new computer, you can do so manually, or if you prefer you can have our support team do it for you. Whichever you prefer, however it is not automatic.

There's really no antivirus that works on iOS devices (iPhones, iPads, etc.). Apple doesn't enable those kind of permissions for third parties. We do however provide antivirus on Apple/Mac computers, to which your same subscription will work, very similar to how it does on your current device.
Badge +2
LLiddell ... Thank you!

So will i just download it to the macbook pro i9 n there will be no issues? Or is there a drop down for selecting operating system to download too?

My apologies for these questions that seem, well, dumb ... but i have always used windows computers n laptops, I had apple products for my left handed child, it was easier

Anyway ... i have had an apple iPhone for almost 3 years now n swore to never go back to an android after the note 7 fiasco! But after the hard update fpr iphones, i can not even sign in to my apple account, nothing ... n the others issue r long!!!
In saying that ... is it worth the monies for the macpro? My reasons for no longer wanting to us windows ... wellllll, windows 7 is dead in 8 months n i detest windows 10. And considering windows is not doing an 11, i am done with windows ... hopefully!

Thank you for ur patience and time and understanding!
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
@FireCoral,

It sounds like you've got an IV in of the Apple Kool-Aid. You've also thrown the other operating systems under the bus, some for reasons to do with the hardware manufacturer not the operating system. Let me break down some points for you.

1. You're looking at Mac Pro i9, which tells me you're willing spend a fortune on a computer. After all, anything from Apple costs your first born, just so you can have the status of being an Apple user.
  2. You've also said you detest Windows 10. Personally, I think it's a great OS when on the right hardware. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Before you throw Windows 10 out though, you might want to give it a try on some decently powerful hardware.
  3. In this thread you complained about Webroot support. Let's compare Apple vs. Microsoft supporting their products. In this case, how long will each of them give you software and security updates to help protect your system. Apple's policy is to support the latest 3 releases of the Mac OS, which means updates for about 3 years. Microsoft on the other hand has a standard support lifecycle of 10 years. As you pointed out, there isn't going to be a Windows 11. However, Microsoft does release major updates to Windows 10 each year. As long as you're installing these, and it doesn't have to be immediately when they're released, the 10 year lifecycle gets pushed back. Eventually your hardware won't be able to install these major releases, but you still might turn a 10 year lifecycle into a 15 year lifecycle. The end number may vary, but either way, it's way longer than Apple's.
  4. You also mentioned the Note 7 fiasco and I'm sorry you had to deal with that. However, the issue wasn't Android. Remember, Android is taken by hardware manufacturers, in that case Samsung, and they put their own skin on top of it and mess with other components of the OS. Switching from iPhone to my Samsung S4 was one of the best things I did. However, I then had to deal with Samsung's crapware that they install on their phones. The best thing I ever did was get an unlocked Google Pixel XL (1st Gen) after my Samsung S4 died. I bought it straight from Google and I can put it on any carrier. However, the best part is, no hardware manufacturer crapware or carrier crapware since I bought it from Google. If you're considering a phone change, keep this in mind. The Google Pixel phones are amazing and the pictures they take beat anything else I've seen.
I hope this helps put some things into perspective.

Good Luck!