what is webroot personal security

• 10 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi I'm new to computering so forgive me for asking stupid questions!  I'm an old guy trying to keep my brain some what active in a positive way.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Hi and welcome to the Community @

Firstly I am not going to give you a sales pitch, I am going to give you it as it is.

Webroot is an antivirus program which unlike our rivals operates in the cloud which means that it takes maybe 5 minutes at the most to install because there are no endless signature updates to install at all on any day. As soon as an item is labelled as a virus etc in the Webroot labs it will labelled as such on your PC, it is instantaneous across the Webroot users, this is due to purely due to operating in the cloud. Most antivirus programs will download the virus signature onto your computer and then a scan will pick it up whereas with Webroot it is spotted straight away.

Many of us are volunteers who have tried most of the other AV. programs and just got hooked with Webroot due to its speed (a scan takes me less than a minute on here, last night it was 33 seconds)and lightness.

As I said earlier to install it will take less than 5 minutes so unlike the competition if there is a problem with the program it is easily uninstalled and reinstalled to fix it, imagine that when a program takes over 30 minutes to install and then another 30 to update itself with signatures like with some of the better known AV's.

I came to Webroot via another member called Triple Helix, it did take a bit of trying to convince me as I was happy with another but as soon as I tried it, I cannot imagine me using anything else.

I think I had better stop because I am rambling a bit here, with just trying to give you an honest answer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I came via TripleHeliz as well back in August 2012 and  have added many users to the growing Webroot numbers!
Userlevel 4
Thanks for the explanation, took your advice and here I am. One other thing why when in password and you highlight a site webroot won't take me there.  Does this feature work with IE or just firefox?  Thanks
winston  
Userlevel 7
Hi winston2

Welcome & thrice welcome to the Community Forums.

Glad you decide to join us.

Can you advise as to which browser you are using and precisely what you mean by 'when in password and you highlight a site'...as I am not quite following what the issue is?

Regards, Baldrick