Solved

What's a good Photo program?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi, asking a techie, or non techie questions? Wondering if anyone can suggest a good photo editing program for Windows?
icon

Best answer by Dermot7 18 March 2014, 19:22

View original

18 replies

paint.net.
It's free and does allot.
Good luck
They just made a new update also.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well from the question you asked I don't actually think that there is a single solution. It is all down to personal preferance and the ability of the one using the program really.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Jasper, Yes everyone has their favorites and expertise in knowing what they want in a program..hmm should I accept this as a solution? Smiley wink..
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I use Paint Shop Pro when I need to do something but there are a lot of good fre and paid for programs out there and it all depends what you want to do and how serious you want to be.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hey hello ams963...GIMP it is!!

Sherry
Userlevel 7
I recommend GIMP.:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good morning Rakanisheu, Im so pleased to get all this information . I will check out a couple of these.

Have a nice day, Sherry
Userlevel 7
Adobe Photoshop CS2 is now free its not the latest version but its still very powerful. Apart from that all the previous tools are decent (I use GIMP+Paint.net and CS2 myself)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Dtouch thank you for the come back..great info and for the links. I wil follow these programs up.

Take care,Sherry
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
For serious photo editing imho there is nothing beyond Adobe Photoshop. A free tool which can replicate almost all basic functionalities of Photoshop is a .net based app called paint.net. You can get it from http://www.getpaint.net/
It can do all your basic needs of image editing.
Photoshop can be extended with numerous plugins, namely Topaz , Nic and OnOne which greatly improves its photoediting capabilities via easy to use presets. The best suite out there is http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/suite8/
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well Dermont7 Haven't heard of that program. I have a lot of ideas now..appreciate the feedback...

Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
There is also TwistedBrush by Pixarra. Forgot I had that one...but it's highly regarded I believe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Wonderful I got a lot of feedback...you are all awake huh? I would like something fast and easy . And a program that will organize all my pictures too.

Thanks Sherry
Userlevel 7
There is also, in case someone has not yet mentioned it...Paint.NET...open source and extremely well regarded.
Userlevel 5
It all depends hwat kind of editing you want to do, for little stuff theres tons of options that will work, if you're doing pretty intensive stuff and are serious about it adobe photoshop is the way to go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great! Thank you Nic! I need to edit a lot of photos, resizing and such..
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
My two (free) favourite image viewer, with limited editing capabilities are:
XnView: XnView Software · Software for reading, organizing and processing images
Faststone: FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I always just use the built in Paint :)

There's GIMP, which is the open source competitor to Photoshop, if you need something more heavy duty.  Also Photoshop Elements is a good stripped down consumer version of their full product.