What Tech Podcasts Do You Listen To?

• 19 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’m curious what cybersecurity-related podcasts people listen to:

Here are a few I listen to pretty regularly:

• Darknet Diaries - Really interesting and engaging stories from the hacking world. (Spooky tech stories for Halloween.
  • Naked Security - Good breakdown of noteworthy security news from the week
  • Daily Stormcast - Daily quick (6-7min) rundown of cybersecurity news

Do any of you listen to any of the above? Are there other podcasts you like?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

As a Mac person mainly, I listen to the MyMac Podcast, but mostly because it is a fun show. I’ll also listen to TechFan Podcast for open discussion of tech in general (disclosure, I used to be a regular in both of them sone time ago,) Neither are aimed at cybersecurity but will cover it on occasion. 

For cybersecurity, I do listen to the Daily Stormcast quite often. I like the quick format.

For a more amusing twist, try Between the Wines, where people whine about cybersecurity issues while drinking wines. More info at https://ecstech.com/ecs-insight/wine-about-cybercrime

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for sharing! The Between the Wines one looks fun, but doesn’t look like it has an audio only version I can download to my phone.

For general tech I love This Week in Tech (TWiT) with Leo Laporte. I have been listening to that since before podcasts were popular. Great overview of tech news with leaders in the the industry. Lots of really good perspectives on things.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I must confess that I don’t listen to a lot of tech pod casts but will bare the above in mind as i use Audible and frequently ‘read’ (listen) to them faster than i get credits and often end up with little to nothing to listen to that takes my fancy. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I listen to Daily Stormcast. It’s the only tech related podcast I listen to so far. I won’t bore you with the list of other podcasts I enjoy 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does Alan Partridges From the Oast house count as a tech podcast? No? I'll see myself out...

Userlevel 6
Badge

TWIT has some very good content - Tech Podcasts From People You Trust | This Week in Tech | TWiT

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Thanks for sharing! The Between the Wines one looks fun, but doesn’t look like it has an audio only version I can download to my phone.

For general tech I love This Week in Tech (TWiT) with Leo Laporte. I have been listening to that since before podcasts were popular. Great overview of tech news with leaders in the the industry. Lots of really good perspectives on things.

I have listened to that one from time to time. But I find he makes mistakes and seems like a lot of the technology he talks about he does not really understand, so I quit that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Soooo thats a no on Partridge then?