What types of software are you into?

Userlevel 4
I would like to hear about the types of software people use on therir PC's. Like Optimizers, Defraggers, Browsers and so on. Let see what everyone has or has used at one time or another.

I.m useing Nitro Reader 3  as my PDF reader. was looking for something small is size but good.
I like alot of the Ashampoo Products they have, Burning studio is awesome
Screamer Radio
Radio Sure
Your Uninstaller
Steganos online shield is great
Thats just a few that I like. Can't wait to hear about some of yours. Marc 

18 replies

Userlevel 5
Currently I am using:
 WSA
ProLasso
Ditto
Trojan Remover (on demand)
HitMan Pro
Priva Zer
Userlevel 4
Oh my, I did forget the most important one, WSAC. I just figured everyone here used WSA!! Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Security, browser, cleaners and optimizers, archiving, office and designing apps are essential to me.
Userlevel 4
@ Amit which ones do you use? Would be nice to here some names of these softwares. Marc
Userlevel 4
@ tsr, just wondering what is Priva Zer? Never heard of it, Thanks, Marc
Userlevel 7
- WSA Complete (aren't you surprised?)
- Opera 12.15 but after they released Opera 15 without M2, RSS reader, bookmarks and other things which have made Opera so special browser I am not sure how long I stay with
- CCleaner
- Ad Muncher
- Viber for PC
- Adobe Reader
- Ashampoo Burning Studio Free
- Paragon Backup & Recovery Free
- Picasa
- Revo Uninstaller Free
- SolidWorks eDrawings (for my working stuff)
- VLC
- Total Commander
Userlevel 5
Hi mac 353:    Priva zer is a free application PC cleaner and privacy cleaner. I have been using it for quite awhile and love it. It cleans your PC   and deletes all files that you don't want on your pc or for anyone to view completely.

Here is the web site for you to view on their products. http://privazer.com/
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ Amit which ones do you use? Would be nice to here some names of these softwares. Marc
Firefox
WSA AV
Opera (blame Petr for the heavy recommendation. Now I've to use yet another browser along with the others. Love the speed dial and the bookmarking)
Chrome
IE
Hitman Pro
LastPass
7-Zip
Ccleaner
VLC Player
esobi
GIMP
Adobe Photoshop(creative cloud)
MS Office
several different data logging apps(on office laptops)
research tool apps
Skydrive
Box
Google Drive
Adrive
Pogoplug
Drive Snapshot
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
- WSA Complete (aren't you surprised?)
Yeah totally surprised. Weren't you supposed to use EAM or BIS?!
Userlevel 7
Amit wrote:Opera (blame Petr for the heavy recommendation. Now I've to use yet another browser along with the others. Love the speed dial and the bookmarking) 
lol ... blame Opera, not me 😃 I am disgusted as well but based on this article I have decided to give them more time before I go for the final decision about Opera ... I will stay with 12.15 for the time being
Userlevel 7
Ewww Opera!!!! 🙂 I am surpised people are still using the bloatware that is Adobe Reader!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Ewww Opera!!!! 🙂 I am surpised people are still using the bloatware that is Adobe Reader!
Yeah, for instance Foxit PDF Reader seems slimmer than AR but from a pdf reader I demand the in-built office PDF previewer which works flawlessly in AR, cannot say the same about Foxit.
Userlevel 4
I think Opera will be ok once they start putting in the features the browser is known for. Right know 15 is a work in progress. I'm trying it out in what they call opera next, and it seems pretty decent. Time will tell. I like a fast browser. Marc
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Yeah, for instance Foxit PDF Reader seems slimmer than AR but from a pdf reader I demand the in-built office PDF previewer which works flawlessly in AR, cannot say the same about Foxit.
I now use built-in pdf reader in Firefox. Removed Opera.
Userlevel 7
Its just a shame that Firefox is getting progressively worse with each new build 😞 Its currently using over 1gb of memory on this PC. Shocking memory usage for a browser, Chrome isnt much better. In fact I dislike all browsers 🙂
Userlevel 4
@ Rakanisheu, Have you heard of Pale moon? It's a spin off of firefox and maybe a little more secure. Here's the web site, you can check into it for your self if ya want. Marc

http://www.palemoon.org/
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
In fact I dislike all browsers :)
I too. When Opera released their Next 15 I was decided to ditch it off my PC but a problem arose, which browser then. I hate Firefox from the very beginning, Chrome is updating often like an AV its definitions and becoming bloatware with each release, IE not from the principle and other I call them "alternative browsers" didn't impress me too, so ... I will stick with Opera 12.15 for the time being and will closely watch how new Opera develops, then decide.
Userlevel 4
There are spin off's of the big browsers, and some of them aren't too bad. You got Slim Browser which is like IE, Pale Moon or Ice Dragon which are firefox Comodo Dragon which is Google CoolNovo which uses chrome and IE for page rendering. That's just to name a few. All these browsers claim to be a little more secure then the originals, and some might be. Worth reading about them to see if there might be something else you might want to try. Marc