Solved

Whitelisting process for application developers

Badge +1
Hello --

I am an application owner that contains a signed executable which is falsely reported as malware (W32.Trojan.Gen) by Webroot (discovered via virustotal.exe). Doing some searching around the forums, this appears to be a fairly common situation.

Is there a whitelisting process we can use to preverify new binaries before release? And how can we get an existing binary that is falsely flagged as malware whitelisted?

Thanks!
--Jeremy
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 19 February 2019, 01:14

Hello @jeremyb and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

It's best to Submit a Support Ticket and talk to them and I'm sure they can find a way to sort your issue out and Whitelist your files and even ask them about future updates.

Thanks,

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hello @jeremyb and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

It's best to Submit a Support Ticket and talk to them and I'm sure they can find a way to sort your issue out and Whitelist your files and even ask them about future updates.

Thanks,
Badge +1
Thanks for the quick response, I'll give that a try!
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
jeremyb wrote:

Thanks for the quick response, I'll give that a try!

Great, please let us know what support has to say!

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
@jeremyb

If it's an emergency, I can escalate this for you via our internal Slack channel for the team that deals with determinations. Send me a DM if the situation arises.

Jonathan

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings