Win10 version 1809 'RTM,' build 17763, now expected to drop Oct. 2

• 26 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Putting together hints from various reliable sources, it now appears as if the next version of Windows — build 17763 — has been signed off on.

Yes, it’s like reading chicken entrails, but all of the chicks seem to be peeping in unison.
It now appears as if Win10 build 17763 — the one that’s currently available on the Windows Insider Fast and Slow rings — has been anointed the “RTM” version, in fact if not in name.
WZorNet, the presumably Russian person/group that leaked many builds of Windows many years ago, posted his/her/its/their official announcement on Sept. 23:

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3306724/microsoft-windows/win10-version-1809-rtm-build-17763-now-expected-to-drop-oct-2.html

4 replies

Darn. My action center is still broken and I'm on 17763 already. :(

Thanks for the info, Daniel. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Darn. My action center is still broken and I'm on 17763 already. :(

Thanks for the info, Daniel. :)
Maybe when the time comes do a clean reinstall of the RTM over top when the full download is available? You can save settings, personal files and programs already installed.
@ wrote:
Maybe when the time comes do a clean reinstall of the RTM over top when the full download is available? You can save settings, personal files and programs already installed.
Thanks, Daniel. I will try that. I already tried to do a "Reset" after it broke 3 or 4 builds ago. That worked temporarily, but my action center quit working again just minutes later. I thought maybe there was a driver conflict causing this, but I have very few apps running on this Windows Insider desktop that I'm running. There are also many reports from other Windows Insider users experiencing this same problem after one of the updates. I like the idea of trying to install over the top, avoiding resetting everything. Like I said, I don't have a lot of apps installed but I have many custom settings regarding the way Windows looks and performs and with regards to privacy. I'll wait for the RTM ISO to be released and try what you've suggested. ;)

Thanks again,
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you Daniel, what you are saying backs up the signs I have been seeing as well.