Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Update Out Now on the Fast Ring (KB3176927)

• 26 July 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
?

Fixes in KB3176927 or build 10.0.14393.5:
Build 14393.5 has improved reliability and performance of Microsoft Edge with AdBlock and LastPass extensions enabled. These extensions should continue to work after installing other extension updates from the Store.
Build 14393.5 has fixed an issue causing the battery to drain due to runaway CPU processes while a device is idle.
Windows 10 Build 10.0.14393.5 has also fixed a battery life issue due to the proximity sensor always running on some devices.
Build 14393.5 has fixed an issue causing Store apps to stop launching due to a licensing issue.
KB3176927 has fixed an issue that results in Windows Updates being delayed on systems with Connected Standby.
KB3176927 has also fixed an issue where the Korean IME would not have the correct composition on some custom TSF3 edit controls on PC.
Insider team fixed an issue where you might not be able to type in text into Search or some Store apps without having to restart the process.
KB3176927 has fixed an issue where keyboard input on some Windows tablet devices would not rotate to landscape normally

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Cheers, Petr...whilst not an Insider it is good to know what is likely to be coming to the release channel shortly...;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Petr! I'm on my way! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I wonder what the total size will be in Mb/Gb....and the anticipated rollout date.  I have a need to know as I am very low on data until 6 Aug.  Can anyone say or speculate?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Petr updated both of my VM's to this version and it looks like it will be the week of  August 2nd Anniversary version update for everyone using Windows 10...........! LOL

Cheers,

Daniel ;)

?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I wonder what the total size will be in Mb/Gb....and the anticipated rollout date.  I have a need to know as I am very low on data until 6 Aug.  Can anyone say or speculate?
About 20GB but you can do a disk clean up after to remove the older files as it keeps them as well.

This is from my clean system but it will show about 16 or more GB of files to clean.

?

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
For my 2 VM's with the all the Previews of Windows 10 I set them to 50GB each for all upgrades then do the Disk Clean Up to reclaim my space. VM sizes can't be changed once made so 50GB is the perfect size for Windows 10 versions.

HTH,

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Thanks ?...I was shocked to hear 20Gb.  I noticed your Disc Cleanup header said Enterprise.  Typically in the past the Home versions have been 3-4Gb.  Am I correct to assume that Enterprise, which I know nothing about, is much larger than Home Edition?   I'm hoping to hear that Home Edition is much much smaller.  In addition I found a lot of posts on Microsoft Answers with great concerns about how they would be able to handle this Upgrade over metered connections with enough data on hand.  I never saw a mention as to the size of the data, which is what I was searching for.  Today on one PC Windows Update updated itself under Advanced Options amd provided a check box to "Delay Upgrade" for up to several months, which I did check.  Can not get the same option to appear on second PC strangely enough.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes the download is about that but it's the old install of Windows 10 that is large and you only keep it just in case you want to go back to the older version of Windows 10.