windows 10

• 29 September 2015
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Is there a way to get rid of Windows 10 that was not upgraded from Windows 7 or 8.1? just wondering. Dont like buying computers with windows 10 since my company uses windows 7 and 8.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey there!

You CAN get rid of it, BUT you will have to find a copy of WIndows 7 or 8, FULL install (not upgrade) to purchase.  The bad thing is that the prices on those have not really come down much, though they can be hard to find.  Check Amazon and see what you can find there.  I would not trust Ebay for software purchases.

Overall, as long as you are not having any compatibility issues, it might be better to stay on 10.  
Userlevel 6
yes thats the problem we are having compatibility issues the software we use is legacy software and the vendor is not coming out with anything anytime soon so I have to keep using windows 7&8 until we find A different vendor.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
yes thats the problem we are having compatibility issues the software we use is legacy software and the vendor is not coming out with anything anytime soon so I have to keep using windows 7&8 until we find A different vendor.
UGH.  That is just plain a HUGE hassle.  Not very nice of the vendor to have not prepped for Win10, but they have you quite stuck with them as switching can often be even more difficult 😞
Userlevel 6
s it is a hassle but got live with it for now lol thanks for the info though!
Userlevel 7
You migth be able to find a really good deal at a retailer or their online site for close-out deals on Windows 7 computers.  Win10 has been out long enough that this is a bit of a long shot, but if you can find one the price might be almost as cheap for the entire computer as just buying a Windows7 disk!
Userlevel 6
that is true i have found good deals for computers on amazon with windows 7&8
Userlevel 7
I should have said Amazon instead of the retailers sites..Amazon is a good 'dumping ground' for perfectly good, new, unused overstock that is just outdated like Win7 and 8 are LOL