Windows 10 and screen shots

Userlevel 5
Hello, everyone!

I have an off-beat question about screen shots in Windows 10. Part of my issue is my keyboard. It is a wireless Logitech K360. Wonderful keyboard, except for some reason they put the print screen option on the home key. I used to have to press the windows, control, and printscreen keys simultaneously to grab a screenshot (which worked about 80% of the time). Since upgrading to Windows 10, I find this doesn't work at all now. Would anyone know of other viable print screen options for Windows 10? Thank you so much!

~Tamela

14 replies

Hi ?

You could try using the Windows snipping tool for screen shots or partial screen shots.

More info here.

I use it all of the time. It works great. :)

Have a nice day, 

BD
Userlevel 7
Tamela, 

I have long used a screenshot program for screenshots, so I have never used the built in function for it.  I just tried the CTRL+Windows+Print Screen and the screen went greyish for a moment, and that was all it did.  No pop-up screen, no save prompt, no print box, nothing.

That DID however get the screenshot into the clipboard.  Once I go to another document or an email, I can click CTRL+V (Or right click and select Paste), and the screenshot image is inserted.

Does this help at all?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi!

This is a great little tool that I use as well. Very easy to use!

Thanks ?!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi @

You could try using the Windows snipping tool for screen shots or partial screen shots.

More info here.

I use it all of the time. It works great. :)

Have a nice day, 

BD
DOH!  I forgot about the Snipping Tool!

Userlevel 5
I cannot seem to locate a snipping tool, and when I search for it, I get no results in my system.A little researching, and I found a suggestion to rebuild the index, as sometimes this prohibits the tool from activating and showing. Do you agree with this suggestion? I noticed that rebuilding the index does take awhile, and I am not sure what else that could inadvertently effect. I apologize for the additional questions, and thank you so much for your help, as screen shots are something I do utilize frequently for research purposes. Thank you so much!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
I cannot seem to locate a snipping tool, and when I search for it, I get no results in my system.A little researching, and I found a suggestion to rebuild the index, as sometimes this prohibits the tool from activating and showing. Do you agree with this suggestion? I noticed that rebuilding the index does take awhile, and I am not sure what else that could inadvertently effect. I apologize for the additional questions, and thank you so much for your help, as screen shots are something I do utilize frequently for research purposes. Thank you so much!
Take a look here @
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/microsoft-snip-screen-capture-tool-windows
Hi ?

Rebuilding the index will work or navigate to;

C:WindowsSystem32SnippingTool.exe

BD
Userlevel 5
Thank you!! I love it 🙂 🙂 !!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Personally I use Snagit 12 and it awesome but it's not free.

Daniel
Userlevel 5
Thank you so much, and I am glad to know this would have been a safe option. I do like the new snipping tool download. A lot of options with that one! You all of have been so very helpful, and I ended up with some great information as well as some awesome and useful new snipping fun. HOORAY 🙂 !!!

~Tamela
Userlevel 7
Agreed, Daniel...I find the built in Snipping Tool passable/barely adequate and also use Snagit...altogether much better. Laughably we also have to rely on the Snipping Tool at work...and the results are far from impressive.

But for those looking for a halfway house I would recommend Screenshot Capture from DonationCoder...fully feature for freeware and does a much better job than theSnipping Tool.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Thank you, Baldrick, to you and everyone! You are the second person to mention Snagit...I will definitely have to look into this in the future. I am such a rookie with anything technological, that I need practice to do higher-grade software justice. I'm getting there though, lol! Thank you again, for the wonderful advice :)

~Tamela
Userlevel 7
If you are looking for a technological step up check out Screenshot Capture before you look at SnagIt. Whilst not as comprehensive as SnagIt it does have a large number of features and it will give you a chance to see if you actually need anything more than the Snipping Tool. As it is essentially freeware there is no cost and then if you find that you need those features and more then you can look at SnagIt, but you will have to pay for the privilege after the trail period. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Thought I would add a little snipping/screenshot progress, lol 🙂 !!