Windows 10 Creators Update rollout: First phase update

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
April 25, 2017 10:00 am

By John Cable / Director of Program Management, Windows Servicing and DeliveryTwo weeks ago, we began rolling out the Windows 10 Creators Update. Today, I’d like to share some insights into the feedback we’re hearing, and some specific ways we plan to use that feedback to adjust our rollout process.
As we previously announced, the first phase of the rollout targets newer devices. Based on testing work done with our OEM hardware and ISV app partners, we believe these devices will have the best possible update experience and help us decide when it’s time to begin the next phase of the rollout.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/04/25/windows-10-creators-update-rollout-first-phase-update/#vESQVkxERAgqlBIx.97

10 replies

Cool. Thanks, Daniel. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good article. I know I have used the Feedback Hub alot with my VM. So I guess for non advanced users it is best to wait for the Creators update it is saying. I really like the Feedback Hub....This helps Microsoft out alot!
Userlevel 7
Hi Daniel

Interesting article...many thanks for keeping us posted on this important topic.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Yes, as always thanks for the updates.  Can always count on you for that!

BTW, I updated two desktops and 2 laptops to Creators and each went without a hitch.

Best Regards,
Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @,

Its great to hear from you! 🙂 Hope you are well or better...

That's nice to know you updated 4 systems to the Windows Creator.... good job 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Thanks Sherry,

Yes all 4 machines in the same afternoon about a week ago.  No problems at all and the upgrade seemed to go faster than usual.

I always image before upgrading so I can do a good cleanup after.  The disk cleanup did not show 99TB of data to cleanup as it has in the past.  It only showed approx 18GB and instead of taking hours to cleanup it was very fast.

All the best,
Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are welcome Dave!

Well that's smart to image those drives ,,,,Thanks for the information and the cleanup sure sounds good. I know @ mentioned to clean up after as well.

Take care!
Userlevel 7
Hi Dave

Good of you to drop in and see us. Hope that this is more than a flying visit? ;)

Hope that the health is better or at the very least improving.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Thanks Mr. Baldrick!

I'm still working on the health issues but I think there is some progress.

I still won't be online like I used to be, yet, but I will be trying...

The best to you,
Dave
Userlevel 7
Well, Dave

Glad to hear that you think that there has been some progress on the health issues...that sounds like good news...long may the progress continue.

However much you can be online here will, I am sure, be much appreciated.

Have a great weekend.

Regards, Baldrick