Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 for Fast Ring members available

• 14 January 2016
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
January 14, 2016  By Ankit Gupta

http://news.thewindowsclubco.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/windows-10-wallpaper-400x225.jpg

Year 2016’s first Windows 10 preview build for PC is finally here. Today, Microsoft announced the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 for Fast Ring members. This new build from Microsoft does not include any attention grabbing announcements or new features, but it is based on bringing structural improvements to OneCore, which is the shared core of Windows across devices.

Full Article

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Installing it right now!

January 13, 2016 10:01 am

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

By Gabe Aul / Corporate Vice President, Engineering Systems TeamHi everyone,
Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099.
As with the previous build, this build does not include big noticeable changes or new features yet. Our focus through the holidays was on structural improvements to OneCore, which is the shared core of Windows across devices. The code refactoring and other engineering work we’ve been doing to optimize OneCore is nearing the point where we will be ready for teams to begin checking in new features and improvements. It will still be a few builds before any really noticeable changes show up, depending on when teams begin lighting up new features in their areas. We’re excited for Insiders to use this build to validate the work we’ve been doing to OneCore, so give this build a try and let us know of any issues you run into via the Windows Feedback app.
As I explained in the prior post, we are making some changes to how we release builds to the Fast ring starting in 2016. The criteria we use to release builds to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring will be much closer to our criteria for flighting to our internal rings. This will allow more builds to reach Windows Insider. This also means that the builds we release to the Fast ring may include more bugs and other issues that could be slightly more painful for some people to live with. If you’d rather stick with less frequent but more stable builds, you can switch to the Slow ring by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options and under “Get Insider Preview builds” moving the slider to the Slow ring.
As a reminder, we will be publishing known issues for builds we release in the Insider Hub rather than in our blog posts here. You can find the known issues for this build here.
I do want to note something that we fixed in this build which was a known issue in the last build: the progress dialog when copying or deleting files via File Explorer now shows up as expected.
Thank you for being Windows Insiders, we’re looking forward to a fun and exciting year ahead.
Thanks,
g

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This looks like it's new ? and it does make sounds now! 😃 No need for Third Party App!

Userlevel 7
Thanks for the heads up, Daniel...but I have to say that I much prefer the 3rd party app approach to the hear a tone approach as I keep my sounds muted unless I am specifically listening to a video or music...so a tone signal re. this is pretty much useless for me. :(
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, Daniel...but I have to say that I much prefer the 3rd party app approach to the hear a tone approach as I keep my sounds muted unless I am specifically listening to a video or music...so a tone signal re. this is pretty much useless for me. :(
Yes your right as nothing shows on the screen!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I have to reinstall Sound Blaster again as I always do after an upgrade. :p

Userlevel 7
Well, that is not very nice of Microsoft...at least they should warn the user of what they are likely to 'mess' with...just in case one is not as joined up as you and has the relevant installers safely tucked away for occassions such as this...;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Daniel, I'm going to update too!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
No i am not in the Fast Ring to Get Insider Preview builds..oops.. I could.. but it saids to be prepared to reinstall Windows..so I backed out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
All done here and it removed 2 programs again but all looks fine! Also reinstalled the 2 programs without issues!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Nice version number eh? LOL Also back to Eval version!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
That expires in July I noticed..so there will be another update. I think I will do this Windows Preview on my Dell..I haven't got much on it to risk anything. You are having all the fun! Clicking sounds..etc.. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
That expires in July I noticed..so there will be another update. I think I will do this Windows Preview on my Dell..I haven't got much on it to risk anything. You are having all the fun! Clicking sounds..etc.. ;)
No worries you have a keycode and now you can use your Windows 7 or Windows 8 Keycode on these new builds of Windows 10! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Alrighty then...:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I see Microsoft is using a new build of Adobe Flash for Edge and IE in this preview!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Are you on the Fast Ring?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Haven't checked but I will..I haven't been on W 10 for awhile..
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Oh I am not sure if I am set up for Windows 10 Preview Builds...