Windows 10 scores 5% slice of desktop market

• 1 September 2015
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
A month into its official debut, Microsoft's new system software is ahead of Windows 8 and Mac OS X Yosemite in desktop traffic, according to Web tracker NetMarketShare.

September 1, 2015 by Lance Whitney 

http://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/2015/09/01/7f73a1b2-f00f-43f0-8b76-d1e90676a99d/929128fafb3a08dc2d3a1259758cde58/netmarketshare-desktop-os-aug-2015.jpg

Full Article

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Strikes me as a bit scary that good old XP still has over 12% of the market! :8
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
There's a lot of embedded devices out there, like ATMs, POS systems and manufacturing systems where they are stuck on XP until the vendor supports a new OS. It is indeed pretty scary.
Userlevel 3
My comment is, I retired my 15" Mac Book Pro after 4 years Dec 14'.  It was okay, but missed Windows as is easier to navigate .....and prefered how it viewed files....etc. etc.  My wife uses my old Asus with Win 7, which I think is now 7+ years old.
I keep on top of her's to insure all updates are done..etc. and is clean.  I will be downloading hers to WIN 10 soon.

I am real happy to get my  DELL touchscreen w WIN 8, DEC 14' and LIKED WIN 8.  Mid August upgraded to WIN 10 and love that too.  I don't like EDGE as AD blocker does not work.   IE is for me and have tried others.  

Anyway, the PIE is very interesting and appreciate the stats.  Recently purchased a Toshiba 11.6", touch screen w WIN 10.

YUP, WINDOWS is for me in every facit.
Userlevel 7
Hello there ?, welcome to the Webroot Community!

We are always happy to see new people, whether it be posting in tech articles, security news, or asking about Webroot products.

If I may...   ? see Sherry?  I keep telling you that Windows is better and preferred 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
? now now no kudos for you young man! I wouldn't ever abandon my Mac or IOSs. But I do have both worlds. The PC Windows 10 is quite fun though ..I will agree but so is Yosemite! ;)

An apple a day keeps you away from Windows!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Sorry I forgot to mention Welcome to the Webroot Community!

😃
Userlevel 3
@ wrote:
@ now now no kudos for you young man! I wouldn't ever abandon my Mac or IOSs. But I do have both worlds. The PC Windows 10 is quite fun though ..I will agree but so is Yosemite! ;)

An apple a day keeps you away from Windows!!!
Too, Funny!!    Ya, I do ck the Mac for updates...once a month.  Which reminds me...I have the Apple logo on my stang rear window and needs replacing.     I've only had Webroot for couple weeks on trial until Feb and seems great, but still run malewarebytes 2X's a month.

The Webroot Communtiy Smiley selection is pretty boring. :( [Off Topic]   Appreciate the welcome!

Userlevel 7
An Apple a day is not good for you if it is a rotten one! 

No one will ever persuade me to buy one...in fact they couldn't give me one! 😉
Userlevel 7
I think needless to say, we are a bunch that is serious about helping others with WSA, but we also are serious about having fun.
Userlevel 7
Indeed...and also using Apples as bait...LOL ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Ya all are too funny and I love it! Now where is ? to set you guys straight!!! Don't let him get started!:D
Userlevel 7
Nothing that anyone can say will change my mind...trust me on that. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
? I know I know you by now...No Apples for you! The Mac is too complicated for you..;)
Userlevel 7
Apologies but..Mac and complicated in the same sentence is a prime example of an oxymoron in my book...ROFL;)

But verrily methings we are straying somewhat off topic here!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
There is 1 thing that apples are good for though Baldrick and I know that you are going to agree with me on this, they do attract a huge amount of wasps as my orchard is testament to.
Userlevel 7
Indeedy doody, Jasper...indeedy, doody...;)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Apologies but..Mac and complicated in the same sentence is a prime example of an oxymoron in my book...ROFL;)

Thats only because you dont know what you are doing on a mac :robottongue:  I find it funny that all of the windows users refuse to update their outdated OS lol.  Windows Xp was released 2001 and Windows 7 was released 2009...  It's time to move on guys, Do you still listen to MC Hammer too? lol
Userlevel 7
Now Devin, I will have you know I upgraded to Windows 10 in under a week from release.  (Ok.. that IS a record for me.. I WAS still using XP 18 months ago..... but I have reformed!)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Now Devin, I will have you know I upgraded to Windows 10 in under a week from release.  (Ok.. that IS a record for me.. I WAS still using XP 18 months ago..... but I have reformed!)
A WINDOWS USER THAT UPDATES!!!!!!!   we are going to need you to come in for some tests, You sir are a tech unicorn

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Thats only because you dont know what you are doing on a mac :robottongue:  I find it funny that all of the windows users refuse to update their outdated OS lol.  Windows Xp was released 2001 and Windows 7 was released 2009...  It's time to move on guys, Do you still listen to MC Hammer too? lol
Why Thank you Devin! I warned them about you. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
You just have to understand that as "some people" get older, some things are just comfortable and hard to change for "those people"  :D

Dave
Userlevel 7
**Cough**@Triplehelix**Cough**  lol
Userlevel 7
I am sad that he wasnt already on this thread, I figured he would love a chance to argue with me about windows and mac agian :robothappy:  It is usually quite fun lol.
Userlevel 7
so just to go completely off subject...  Check this out lol http://www.itproportal.com/2015/09/07/zero-day-vulnerabilities-found-in-kaspersky-and-fireeye-anti-virus/
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
so just to go completely off subject...  Check this out lol http://www.itproportal.com/2015/09/07/zero-day-vulnerabilities-found-in-kaspersky-and-fireeye-anti-virus/
Yes.. we had that reported here over the weekend.  Quite amusing actually, especially given the recent accusations against Kaspersky.