Windows 7

• 20 August 2017
  • 1 reply

howdy folks
 I am stubborn I guess maybe it's because I am 63. I just refuse to give up win-7. Partly because i have office and use word often. It's 3 things 1) it seems to me win 10 is kinda removing control of the user 2) one thing that fires me up is the mention of anyone telling me I have to relicense operating systems or software such as word 3) from what I have read trying to switch office to win 10 gets you the reply, you have installed it too many times so we won't switch the license.
  If I continue to live changing will probably box me into a corner, the win 7 updates are already a pain
   Well,  I'm done complaining but am willing to listen.
 Thanks have good day all ( sorry about saying I all the time just didn't feel like phrasing this better, lazy today.)

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi jay-l

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I can only speak for myself in response to your points but hear goes:

1) it seems to me win 10 is kinda removing control of the user

I am not sure where you are getting this but as far as I can tell if anything one has slightly more control than in previous versions, but I most certainly have not detected or seen what I would term as 'less control'. Do you have any specifics on this?

2) one thing that fires me up is the mention of anyone telling me I have to relicense operating systems or software such as word

One would need to 'relicense' or purchase Windows 10 if upgrading to it as of the end of the period when the upgrade was free. It was a choice and I believe that MS provided sufficient time for users of previous version to take advantage of the free upgrade.

As for needing to relicense Word...well, I suppose that it depends as to which version you are currently on...I have actually got an Office 365 subscription which provides me with lifetime updates to the latest version as long as the subscription is active. That suits me and my use of Office applications (and I can provide the same cover to up to 4 other users under my own license).

3) from what I have read trying to switch office to win 10 gets you the reply, you have installed it too many times so we won't switch the license.

That I cannot comment on as I always keep the applications I use updated...security-wise it is one of the best ways of minimising the risk of falling foul of an exploit or vulnerability that has been detected in prior versions, etc. As such I will not have run into this 'issue'.

Hope that helps in some way?

Regards, Baldrick