Windows 8 and 8.1 finally pass 15% market share, Windows XP drops below 20% mark

• 2 November 2014
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
November 1, 2014 8:58 AM
Emil Protalinski Everyone is well-aware by now that Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 have not seen the impressive adoption rate of their predecessor. Yet the duo had a particularly good run last month, finally passing 15 percent market share together, according to the latest figures from Net Applications

Full Article

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Good lord, XP is still around 20%?  That scares me 🙂
Userlevel 7
It IS scary that XP has really anything over 1% share left LOL.  Also, obviously a lot of business users have ugraded to WIndows 7, but not 8.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
It IS scary that XP has really anything over 1% share left LOL.  Also, obviously a lot of business users have ugraded to WIndows 7, but not 8.  

Hello Webrooters,

I can understand why people can't let go of XP. The cost and the mindset has alot to do with it I think, which is a no brainer.But W8 hasn't gotten the best reviews yet either. People don't like change I'm quessing!

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Hello Webrooters,

I can understand why people can't let go of XP. The cost and the mindset has alot to do with it I think, which is a no brainer.But W8 hasn't gotten the best reviews yet either. People don't like change I'm quessing!

As far as the business community goes, a lot of the special software they run may either be unstable, not work at all, or be of questionable security under Windows 8.  It took them a LONG time to finally get everything "IT Approved" for Windows 7.  For as long as Windows 8 has any question of security or compatibility when compared to WIndows 7, large businesses will be slow to transition to 8 I think.
Userlevel 7
Nevermind XP, what about the "Windows Old" category that still has a percentage of users!